- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- The Glee Project
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- Adam Lambert
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
ETA: Production credits via The Hollywood Reporter
The album was recorded at Quad Studios in New York City and produced by Gregg Wattenberg (Train, O.A.R.) with Phillips writing or co-writing the majority of the songs. The track list will include his platinum-certified current hit single “Home.”
Making sure to keep the recording process close to home, the Leesburg, Georgia-bred 22-year-old enlisted his brother-in-law Ben Neil, who appeared with him on Idol last season, to play guitar on a few tracks.
Gregg Wattenberg has also written songs with David Cook, James Durbin and Chris Daughtry (It’s Not Over). He is a co-owner of Wind-up Records, the label that signed James During in 2011.
ETA: Nigel Lythgoe tweets, “Lunchtime in OKC. We heard a couple of great kids this morning. We’re now listening to Phillip Phillips album tracks. Love “Can’t Go Wrong.”"
ETA: Phillip Phillips confirms the album title, release date and cover via twitter! “Hey guys, this my official album cover/title! Hope you like it and my album will be released 11-19! http://t.co/zaPgunDl”
ETA: Is this the cover for Phillip’s new album? It was found on the Target site.
Over on Amazon, there’s a listing for a Phillip Phillip’s album called The World From The Side Of The Moon with a release date of November 19. There is no album artwork yet.
Check it out here:
Phillip recently tweeted that he would be releasing his debut album, “most likely” by the end of November. And if this release date holds, it will be just ahead of Black Friday.
Santa Monica, CA, October 15, 2012- American Idol Season 11 winner Phillip Phillips will release his much anticipated debut album The World From The Side Of The Moon (19 Entertainment/Interscope Records) on November 19th. The set, which will include his current hit single “Home,” is available for pre-order now. A deluxe version featuring three additional tracks can also be pre-ordered.
Recorded at Quad Studios in New York City The World From The Side Of The Moon was produced by Gregg Wattenberg (Train, O.A.R.) with Phillips writing or co-writing the majority of the album. The Leesburg, Georgia-bred songwriter enlisted his brother-in-law Ben Neil to play guitar on a few tracks.
The same day that Phillip Phillips claimed his victory in American Idol’s season 11 finale, the 22-year-old singer/guitarist released “Home,” a debut single that showcases his rich, raspy vocals and masterful guitar skills— and marked the biggest opening sales week for an Idol winner’s coronation song with 278,000 downloads sold. The track has since gone double platinum and was used as the soundtrack for the 2012 US Olympics Women’s Gymnastics team as they made their London debut.
Phillips first began making music when he was 14, thanks largely to his older sister’s boyfriend (and now husband), Ben Neil, who taught him how to play guitar. Phillips kept on studying guitar on his own (“mostly by playing along to the karaoke machine”) and soon found himself mastering riffs from classic-rock tracks like Deep Purple’s “Smoke on the Water” and Ozzy Osbourne’s “Crazy Train.” Several years later, Phillips formed an acoustic band with his sister and brother-in-law and added singing to his repertoire. After graduating high school, Phillips began studying industrial systems technology at Albany Technical College in Georgia and continued playing music with his brother-in-law. With encouragement from his family and friends, Phillips took a break from working in his family’s pawn shop and auditioned for American Idol in summer 2011—and soon found himself tearing through powerful, full-throated performances of songs by artists like Creedence Clearwater Revival, Otis Redding, and Wilson Pickett on the Idol stage.
Tagged with: Phillip Phillips
- Powered by Disqus
- The Voice 4 – Top 10 Results, Recap and Videos
- Dancing with the Stars – Season 16 – The Finale! (Night 2- Results)
- So You Think You Can Dance 10- Audition #3- Live Blog and Discussion
- X Factor 3 Judges Panel First Look! (PHOTOS)
- Idol Headlines for 5/21/13 – The Evening Edition
- The Voice 4 – Top 10 – Poll Results, iTunes Rankings and Predictions
- Kellie Pickler And Derek Hough’s Powerful DWTS Freestyle (Videos) (Photos)
- Oklahoma City Tornadoes – How You Can Help
- Monday Ratings: The Voice Hits Season, Series Low, DWTS Down from Fall, Spring Finales
- Idol Headlines for 5/21/13
- Kree Harrison – All Cried Out – Live with Kelly and Michael (VIDEO)
- HDD – Album Sales Prediction : May 13-19
- X Factor Judge, Paulina Rubio Accused of Assaulting a Pap and Stealing His Camera
- Lee DeWyze Announces Album Release Date
- The Voice 4 Top 10 Performance – Take the Polls!
- Dancing with the Stars – Season 16 – The FINALS! (Night 1) – POLLS!
- FOX Announces Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio Join The X Factor Judges Panel
- The Voice 4 Top 10 Performance – Recap and Videos
- Dancing with the Stars – Season 16 – The FINALS! (Night 1)
- Idol Headlines for 5/20/13 – The Evening Edition
- The Voice 4 – Top 10 Song Spoilers
- Vanessa Lengies Leaving Glee After Landing Mixology Role (VIDEO)
- Lauren Alaina – Breakdown – Live at the Grand Ole Opry
- Sunday Ratings: Year to Year Billboard Music Awards Up, Celebrity Apprentice Down
- The Voice 4- Mac’s Top 10 Power List