- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 13 Recaps
ETA: Production credits via The Hollywood Reporter
The album was recorded at Quad Studios in New York City and produced by Gregg Wattenberg (Train, O.A.R.) with Phillips writing or co-writing the majority of the songs. The track list will include his platinum-certified current hit single “Home.”
Making sure to keep the recording process close to home, the Leesburg, Georgia-bred 22-year-old enlisted his brother-in-law Ben Neil, who appeared with him on Idol last season, to play guitar on a few tracks.
Gregg Wattenberg has also written songs with David Cook, James Durbin and Chris Daughtry (It’s Not Over). He is a co-owner of Wind-up Records, the label that signed James During in 2011.
ETA: Nigel Lythgoe tweets, “Lunchtime in OKC. We heard a couple of great kids this morning. We’re now listening to Phillip Phillips album tracks. Love “Can’t Go Wrong.””
ETA: Phillip Phillips confirms the album title, release date and cover via twitter! “Hey guys, this my official album cover/title! Hope you like it and my album will be released 11-19! http://t.co/zaPgunDl”
ETA: Is this the cover for Phillip’s new album? It was found on the Target site.
Over on Amazon, there’s a listing for a Phillip Phillip’s album called The World From The Side Of The Moon with a release date of November 19. There is no album artwork yet.
Check it out here:
Phillip recently tweeted that he would be releasing his debut album, “most likely” by the end of November. And if this release date holds, it will be just ahead of Black Friday.
Santa Monica, CA, October 15, 2012- American Idol Season 11 winner Phillip Phillips will release his much anticipated debut album The World From The Side Of The Moon (19 Entertainment/Interscope Records) on November 19th. The set, which will include his current hit single “Home,” is available for pre-order now. A deluxe version featuring three additional tracks can also be pre-ordered.
Recorded at Quad Studios in New York City The World From The Side Of The Moon was produced by Gregg Wattenberg (Train, O.A.R.) with Phillips writing or co-writing the majority of the album. The Leesburg, Georgia-bred songwriter enlisted his brother-in-law Ben Neil to play guitar on a few tracks.
The same day that Phillip Phillips claimed his victory in American Idol’s season 11 finale, the 22-year-old singer/guitarist released “Home,” a debut single that showcases his rich, raspy vocals and masterful guitar skills— and marked the biggest opening sales week for an Idol winner’s coronation song with 278,000 downloads sold. The track has since gone double platinum and was used as the soundtrack for the 2012 US Olympics Women’s Gymnastics team as they made their London debut.
Phillips first began making music when he was 14, thanks largely to his older sister’s boyfriend (and now husband), Ben Neil, who taught him how to play guitar. Phillips kept on studying guitar on his own (“mostly by playing along to the karaoke machine”) and soon found himself mastering riffs from classic-rock tracks like Deep Purple’s “Smoke on the Water” and Ozzy Osbourne’s “Crazy Train.” Several years later, Phillips formed an acoustic band with his sister and brother-in-law and added singing to his repertoire. After graduating high school, Phillips began studying industrial systems technology at Albany Technical College in Georgia and continued playing music with his brother-in-law. With encouragement from his family and friends, Phillips took a break from working in his family’s pawn shop and auditioned for American Idol in summer 2011—and soon found himself tearing through powerful, full-throated performances of songs by artists like Creedence Clearwater Revival, Otis Redding, and Wilson Pickett on the Idol stage.
Tagged with: Phillip Phillips
- Powered by Disqus
- Nicki Minaj Unleashes Her Anaconda Music Video
- Americas Got Talent 9 Week 4 Predictions
- Carrie Underwood’s SNF Intro Debuts Sept 7 (Special Intro Feat Before Superbowl)
- Idol Headlines for 8/20/14
- SYTYCD11- Top 6 Power List
- Idol Sales News – Week Ending 08/17/14
- Concert Schedule – 8/20/14 – Crystal Bowersox, Fifth Harmony
- MORE Ice Bucket Challenge! Stars from Idol, X Factor, Voice, Glee (VIDEO)
- America’s Got Talent 9 – Top 48 Week 4 Liveblog and Discussion
- Julianne Hough Negotiating a Deal to Judge DWTS (REPORT)
- Caleb Johnson Final Album Sales Prediction is 10K
- Glee Season 6 Spoilers – Casting New Characters This Week!
- America’s Got Talent 9 – Top 48 – Week 4 Power Rankings
- Jennifer Hudson Debuts “Dangerous” on the Today Show (VIDEO)
- David Letterman Pays Tribute to Robin Williams (VIDEO)
- Idol Headlines for 8/19/14
- HDD – Album Sales Prediction : Aug 11-17
- Concert Schedule – 8/19/14 – One Direction, Fifth Harmony
- Don Pardo, Voice of SNL, Dead at 96
- Bachelor in Paradise– Season 1, Episode 3 – Live Blog & Discussion
- Taylor Swift Announces New Album Details, Drops “Shake It Off” Music Video
- Big Brother 16 Live Feeds Spoilers (Week 8 Veto Ceremony)
- Kris Allen – “Love in a Small Town” – Official Music Video
- FIRST LISTEN: Blake Shelton’s New Single ‘Neon Light’ + Album Tracklist/Credits/Demos!
- Rising Star Ratings Rise But Stay Low, Big Brother Lifts