- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 13 Recaps
UPDATED: Entertainment Weekly has posted exact sales numbers for “Home” from Sunday – Thursday.
A rep at Interscope tells EW that the track sold 105,725 copies on iTunes from Monday through Wednesday — a whopping 1,100 percent increase over the same three-day period the previous week, when it moved 8,814 iTunes units.
All told, it’s shifted approximately 155,000 copies on iTunes from Sunday through Thursday this week,
The numbers are included with an interview with Phillip. On how he feels about the song home he says:
I never said anything bad about the song; I just said it’s not really my style. I’m more into jazz stuff. But it’s an amazing song, and I love it. Each time I play it, I’m getting it more and making it more of me. The more I play it, I have a lot more fun with it, and the band, they’ll change it up. So it’s coming to be a lot more me. It used to be I just kind of went in blind with a song that I didn’t really know, but it’s coming along a lot better now, and I’m enjoying it.
On being heard in the recording process:
You know, it’s mixed feelings. It’s a lot of fun, and it’s also a lot of give and take — for both sides, not just me — the producer and other people as well. I know what my sound is. I’m just trying to get it out there how I can explain it. I’m not trying to write or put out some music that doesn’t represent me. I told people before all this, I’d rather sell 10,000 records that represent me than 2 million that don’t represent me at all. But it’s coming along well, and I’m excited about it. I’m excited to get the music started. And there are a few musicians I want to get out on it I’ve connected with, so I’m excited to get the production down.
What’s awesome about this Olympic exposure for Phillip is that he’s being heard by MILLIONS of people outside of the Idol bubble. Read the rest of the EW interview HERE.
Phillip Phillip’s coronation single, “Home” is predicted to have a huge sales week in the period ending on August 5, according to Billboard. The big sales are fueled by recent exposure during the women’s Olympic gymnastics coverage on NBC.
“Home’s” Olympic exposure may be over. It was not played during tonight’s (August 2) all around gymnastics competition. Still, “Home has been sitting at No. 1 on iTunes since Tuesday night (July 31). With the release of the music video tonight, the wave begun by Olympic coverage may continue even without continued coverage.
Check out Billboard’s stats below. If the predictions come to pass, Phillip could have a much to celebrate next week.
- Home could sell around 200,000 downloads by Aug. 5, the end of the sales week. In the most recent week (ending July 29), only Flo Rida’s “Whistle,” sold more than with 237,000.
- In the week ending July 29, it earned a 69% increase in downloads, selling 40,000 for the week (up from 24,000 a week earlier).
- “Home” reentered the Digital Songs chart at No. 47 and the Billboard Hot 100 at No. 84.
- If “Home” sells around 200,000 downloads, it could move straight into the top 20 of the Billboard Hot 100.
- “Home” debuted and peaked at No. 10 on the Hot 100 in May after Phillip’s Idol win.
- It debuted with 278,000 downloads and has sold 617,000 to date in the U.S.
Tagged with: Phillip Phillips
- Powered by Disqus
- Big Brother 16 – Week 4 – Live Blog Eviction Results (VIDEO)
- Siobhan Magnus – “Wisdom” – Official Music VIDEO
- America’s Got Talent 9 Top 48 Revealed – Links to Video, Social Media
- SYTYCD Ratings Rise Against Wed Version of AGT
- Idol Headlines for 7/24/14
- Idols In Concert – Stats – 07/24/14
- Concert Schedule – 7/24/14 – Phillip Phillips, Bo Bice
- Grandfather of Ariana Grande Died – Frankie Learns of his Death, Will Stay in the Competition (DETAILS)
- SYTYCD11- Top 16 Perform, Two Go Home- Live Blog and Discussion
- Big Brother 16 Episode 13 – Recap and Discussion
- America’s Got Talent 9 – Judgement Week Part 2 – Live Blog and Top 48 Revealed!
- Janelle Arthur Set to Release Single “What You Asked For” (Cover Art)
- X Factor Alum Bea Miller Performs for Yahoo Music (VIDEO)
- The Voice 7: Alicia Keys Set as Adviser for Team Pharrell
- Constantine Maroulis Returns to Broadway’s Rock of Ages
- Idol Headlines for 7/23/14
- iHeartRadio Music Festival 2014 Lineup Announced
- Glee Star Naya Rivera Marries Ryan Dorsey (UPDATED)
- Idol Sales News – Week Ending 07/20/14
- SYTYCD11- Top 16 Power List (and Polls!)
- Concert Schedule – 7/23/14 – Daughtry, Cassadee Pope
- America’s Got Talent 9, Judgement Week Part 1 – Live Blog and Discussion
- Americas Got Talent 9 – Top 10 Best Auditions (And More) (VIDEO)
- Idol Headlines for 7/22/14
- One Direction’s “Where We Are” The Concert Film is Coming to a Cinema Near You