Scotty McCreery now has his own museum exhibit at the North Carolina museum of history in Raleigh. The American Idol season 11 winner and NC native is set to play the North Carolina State fair this month–a convenient gig while he attends North Carolina State University as a Freshman!
The small exhibit, which fill a case in the museum’s lobby, will run through January 4. Check out the items that will be on display.
- The outfit — black leather jacket, jeans, T-shirt and cross necklace — that McCreery wore when he sang his final duet, “Live Like You Were Dying,” on “American Idol” with country superstar Tim McGraw at the Nokia Theatre, Los Angeles, Calif., on May 25, 2011.
- The lyrics sheet for “Live Like You Were Dying.” The sheet indicates the individual parts: “S” for Scotty and “T” for Tim.
- The gold record presented to McCreery by Mercury Records for his first album, Clear as Day, which sold over 500,000 copies in the seven months after his “American Idol” victory.
- The backstage pass used by McCreery’s mother, Judy McCreery, on May 24 and 25, 2011, for the “American Idol” final rehearsal and show at the Nokia Theatre, Los Angeles, Ca.
In between studying business and public relations at NC State, Scotty is currently working on his sophomore album.
The museum created a similar exhibit for 2003 runner-up, Clay Aiken after he competed on American Idol season 2.
Latest posts by mj santilli (see all)
- The Voice 9 Top 11 Results Live Blog (VIDEOS) - 11/24/2015
- Adele Breaks *Nsync record, Debuts Song on Tonight VIDEO - 11/24/2015
- Dancing with the Stars 22 Premieres March 21 2016 - 11/24/2015