- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 13 Recaps
This is really just a lot of shooting in the dark, and theorizing. We will get to see a leaderboard at some point this week, and then power lists become way more informed than they need to be.
1) Alex and Sierra
Based on their consistency in performance, I think Alex and Sierra are probably the least likely to be eliminated this week. I’m not sure if we’re looking at our winner yet for this season, as no one has convinced me. However, these two clearly know who they want to be as artists, which will go a long way in their remaining in the competition.
2) Rachel Potter
I think Rachel had a good past two weeks, and works well now as a female country artist. That “type” does well in singing competitions. On top of that, Rachel has a ton of work experience, and already a smallish pre-show fanbase that is ready to vote for her. Whether or not she lasts long in the competition is a different thing, but I think Rachel has enough votes to survive this week.
3) Khaya Cohen
While I blasted her for clearly faking her vocal sound, I don’t think that the average viewer cares. Khaya seems to be hitting it off well with the viewers, and may be Demi’s best shot at having a horse in the finale. Ellona is a polarizing contestant, and Rion just doesn’t have the talent needed to reach the end. Khaya is a good singer, regardless of whether or not she fakes the “Adele” sound. I wish someone told her that, so she wouldn’t feel like she had to.
4) Josh Levi
I think Josh came back this week and attacked his songs like he needed to. His second performance was arguably one of the best of the night. Even people who don’t like Josh recognized that. Typically when a contestant is “saved” like that, they aren’t eliminated right away the next week. Based on that history, Josh should be safe this week. That being said, I think the boys category is the weakest, and I’m not sure any of them will make the final five.
5) Jeff Gutt
Even though Jeff probably shouldn’t win, and may not win, he taps into a “rocker” vote that has been largely underserved in recent years on both X-Factor and Idol. I expect Jeff to be doing fairly well in the polls. He also really knows himself as an artist,
6) Sweet Suspense
I think they’re on an upward swing, and could easily pass some of the people I’m ranking above them. I’m just not sure they are quite on the top of the pack yet. We’ll see this week.
7) Lillie McCloud
Even though Lillie will struggle with her relevancy, she is the best vocalist in the competition. I think that’s worth a few weeks of survival. Hopefully America feels the same way.
8) Restless Road
They had a really rough week this week, but the hype machine that is Simon Cowell will not be giving up on them so quickly. I think they probably survived this week (even if they don’t deserve to), and Simon should be looking to turn things around for them.
9) Carlito Olivero
I’m not sure Carlito is connecting with the audience. He’s not the best at choosing songs. This might be a little bit of a struggle for him to stay in the competition in the coming weeks.
10) Ellona Santiago
There’s a lot of hate for her on the internet, for some reason. I think she’s a good singer, but there’s something about her that isn’t connecting with America. It’s a shame, because she’s clearly got what it takes to make it. She’s done choreography, and she sings her face off. What more could you want? Demi needs to find a way to make Ellona likeable.
11) Rion Paige
I think Rion had a better second performance this week, but I don’t think she’s quite where she needs to be to survive this competition. Her poll numbers two weeks ago were really low (lowest of the four girls). I don’t thin this week brought any new fans. Rion could be going home this week. I doubt we see Rion in the final five.
12) Carlos Guevera
Carlos had a rough week. Like Rion, he redeemed himself a bit on Thursday, but both of them are still struggling. I think Carlos is in danger of leaving this week. I don’t think Carlos can make the Top 5.
13) Tim Olstad
A good vocalist, but perpetually boring. He’s not right for this competition, and has no concept of how to make himself not seem like a funeral director. I think we’ll be seeing him leave the competition this week, either Wednesday or Thursday. Tim has no chance of making the Top 5, even if he survives.
- Powered by Disqus
- Glee Goes to Nationals (Finally!) City of Angels – Spoilers, Sneak Peek VIDEO
- The Voice 6 Preview – Adam Levine, Blake Shelton Kiss, A True Blind Audition (VIDEO)
- American Idol XIII – Emily Piriz Shares her Thoughts on Working With Randy Jackson, Harry Connick Jr.
- Kelly Clarkson’s Hit “Breakaway” is the American Idol XIII Boot Song, Recorded by Each of the Contestants
- Cassadee Pope’s “Wasting All These Tears” Certified Platinum
- Thursday Ratings: American Idol Hits Another Series Low
- The Bachelor, Juan Pablo Galavis Laughs at an R Word Joke, Calls Detractors “Uncultured”
- Idol Headlines for 3/7/14
- Billboard – Chart Date 03/15/2014
- American Idol Top 11 to Sing Songs of the Cinema, Harry Connick Jr to Perform on Results
- Phillip Phillips Debuts Single “Raging Fire” on American Idol (VIDEO) (NEW PHOTOS!)
- American Idol XIII Top 12 Results – Live Blog – VIDEOS – PHOTOS
- American Idol XIII – Top 12 – Poll Results and Predictions
- Glee Spoilers – 100th Episode Photos Feat Old Favs, Chace Crawford, Finn Memorial
- Wednesday Ratings: American Idol and Survivor Stay Even
- Idol Headlines for 3/6/14
- Kris Allen to Debut New Music at SXSW
- Adam Lambert to Front Queen North American Summer Tour (VIDEO) (UPDATED WITH TOUR DATES and PHOTOS)
- Survivor Cagayan: Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty – Episode 2 – Recap and Discussion
- Idols In Concert – Stats – 03/06/14
- X Factor UK Winner Sam Bailey Pregnant With Her Third Child
- ‘Nashville’ Season 2, Episode 16 – Recap & Discussion Post (VIDEO)!
- American Idol XIII Top 12 – Take the Polls! Photo Gallery (UPDATED WITH ELIMINATION POLL)
- American Idol XIII Top 12 Live Blog and Videos
- American Idol XIII – Top 12 Song Spoilers