Ken Warwick and his fellow American Idol producers must have been crapping themselves after Apple inadvertently allowed the iTunes popularity bars for Idol downloads to be visible last Thursday.
When asked about the glitch last night, he told FOX LA: “There are no download numbers from iTunes…it’s not true…there were no numbers released.”
Well, that’s not a lie, exactly
The iTunes folks don’t release numbers on their download site for any of their artists. What they feature are popularity bars, allowing iTunes users to sort lists of songs according to their popularity.
Normally, the popularity bars are hidden for Idol tunes. Last Thursday, for a brief time, they were visible.
And I’ve got witnesses, people.
- Blog reader Primeminister was the first to notice the glitch HERE.
- Within a matter of minutes, the kids at Idol Forums were creating their own charts HERE.
- Within about 90 minutes of the glitch being discovered, I snagged my own chart right HERE.
- And Apple has screwed up before. Check out the Wildcard episode leak right HERE.
Ask Rickey from Rickey.org. He was making charts based on the iTunes popularity bars through most of last season until the glitch was fixed. In hindsight, the charts proved to be pretty accurate snapshots of where the contestants stood in the competition.
The charts are easy to create when it’s possible-just dump the songs you want to compare into a playlist, and then create an iMix out of the collection.
So Ken? Nice try at covering your ass, but unfortunately you score an EPIC FAIL. Watch him duck and cover here:
After the JUMP, check out the judges reaction to last night’s surprising bottom 3. Simon Cowell admits he’s wrong. Oh My.
Latest posts by mj santilli (see all)
- The Voice 8 Spoilers – The Top 8 Behind The Scenes (VIDEO + PHOTOS) - 04/26/2015
- Concert Schedule for 4/25/15 - 04/25/2015
- Bruce Jenner Special Draws Nearly 17 Million Viewers - 04/25/2015