Another week, no more concerts to report. Everybody seems to be writing, in studio, or doing free concerts to promote their albums. But, we have a nearly daily number’s thread so here it is.
Update: Carrie Underwood now has 6 (SIX!) platinum selling singles. Country doesn’t tend to sell as many downloads as Pop (people tend to buy the albums), so that makes it even more impressive. Here is the list from Yahoo Chartwatch.
1. “Before He Cheats” 3.158M (3x plat)
2/ “Jesus, Take The Wheel” 1.783M
3. “Cowboy Casanova” 1.583M
4. “All-American Girl” 1.327M
5. “Undo It” 1.011M
6. “Last Name” 1.003
Here are some other articles that people might find interesting:
Nokia made a splash yesterday with it’s “Burning Oil Platform” memo. Is the music industry facing it’s own face-the-fire-or-jump dilema? Billboard
Defying conventional wisdom, Cee Lo’s 5 month old single reversed trends and became this week’s biggest radio gainer. How did Glee help give the song get program directors to give the song a second chance? Billlboard
Latest posts by Kirsten (see all)
- Tuesday Daily Number’s Thread – 11/24/15 - 11/24/2015
- Monday Morning Mediabase Update: Nov 16-22 - 11/23/2015
- Idol Memory Lane –Idol Pantomime – The Villains of Hollywood - 11/22/2015