- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 13 Recaps
According to FMQB, Crystal Bowersox’s single, “Farmer’s Daughter” will be released to the Triple A radio format on January 10. Releasing Idol music to Triple A? I do believe Crystal is the first.
Crystal Bowersox producer David Bendeth tweets all the deets on the personnel who played on her Farmer’s Daughter album. Crystal played acoustic guitar throughout the record.
Today’s Idol Appearances
- Anthony Federov opens as Joseph in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at the Ordway Center for the Performing Arts, St. Paul MN. Runs through Jan 2.
- Crystal Bowersox will perform at the KFOG Concert for Kids with the Doobie Brothers in San Francisco. 7:30 pm. More info HERE.
- Lee DeWyze performs at the 101.7 Acoustic Showcase in Monterey, CA. The Planet, Doors @ 4:30 pm.
- Didi Benami, Tim Urban and Andrew Garcia perform at Room 5 in Los Angeles.
- David Archuleta appears on Good Morning Sacramento in the AM
- David Archuleta performs at the State Capitol Tree Lighting Ceremony in Sacramento, CA featuring Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and First Lady Maria Shriver.
David Archuleta will Perform on FOX New Years Eve Live
Hip-hop sensation Travie McCoy and American Idol season seven finalist David Archuleta will perform on Fox’s New Year’s Eve Live. The special will be hosted by Nancy O’Dell and feature celebrations from both Mandaly Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas and the famous Times Square ball drop in New York. New Year’s Eve Live will air live at 11 p.m. ET/tape delayed PT on Dec. 31.
Via USA Today
More Headlines after the JUMP…
Kimberly Caldwell’s new single, “Desperate Girls & Stupid Boys” is now available for download on iTunes. Get it HERE.
Reba McEntire, Miranda Kelly Clarkson at the American Country Awards last night.
Reba and Kelly performing at Blake Shelton’s after-party at the House of Blues
Miranda and Kelly
ETA: Kelly and Reba sang Reba’s song “Why Haven’t I Heard From You” and Kelly and Miranda sang, “Strawberry Wine”. Via Country Weekly.
David Archuleta on Good Day Sacramento
David Archuleta on National Geographic Wild “Cause an Uproar” Campaign
Big Cat Week airs on National Geographic Wild starting on Monday, December 6.
via Archuleta Fan Scene and lisahi
Glee: Why Kurt and Blaine Haven’t Kissed Yet
“That’s the greatest part about it,” Criss told me last night at the Trevor Project benefit. “It’s this wonderful dance—dancing that fine line which ultimately is more enticing than the actual thing.”
Not that Gleeks would mind if the so-called actual thing happened already. Don’t forget to show your support by joining our hashtag campaign on Twitter: #kurtblaineKISSalready.
Smooching aside, Criss says the duet was inspired by a Dean Martin rendition of the holiday classic. “Isn’t it sweet?,” he said of his Colfer’s performance. “I thought it was really well done and cute and really sincere. I think Chris sounds so wonderful on it.”
Read more at EOnline
Darren Criss – Rolling Stone Interview and performance @ Rolling Stone
Criss recently stopped by the Rolling Stone offices and sang to us about adjusting to his recent stardom and his hopes for Blaine’s role on the show. Watch his answers and an exclusive performance of “Teenage Dream” in the clip above.
See the video at Rolling Stone
Cowell Denies X Factor Fix Claim
Simon Cowell has defended The X Factor from claims that Sunday’s results show was a fix, saying: “We haven’t done anything wrong.”
Fans have been angered by the decision to let the judges pick which act went home from the bottom two on Sunday, leading to the departure of popular contestant Mary Byrne. At the same stage in previous years, viewers got to decide which singers went through to the final.
Some viewers have accused the ITV1 show of making the change to allow Cher Lloyd, 17, to get into next weekend’s final rather than Byrne.
But Cowell told The Sun: “We haven’t done anything wrong. All the artists knew there was going to be a sing-off. Mary and Cher were told last Monday to prepare a song for a sing-off if necessary.”
Read ore at Press Association
Chris Colfer on the Tonight Show
On Mutton Busting and Bully revenge
On Oprah, The White House and working on the set of Glee
Chris Colfer, Screenwriter
Glee’s Chris Colfer sings, acts, dances, makes his eyes well up by force of will, and, now, writes movies. Colfer will make his feature-film debut in Struck by Lightning, a teen comedy in the John Hughes spirit for which Colfer wrote the script.
Read more at the Vulture
Exclusive: “Glee”‘s Chris Colfer is Living the Teenage Dream
After a little joking about what he gets if he wins – he said he’d like a pony, and if he gets one, he’ll definitely name him “Elton” – the conversation turned to the the clip of Blaine (Darren Criss) singing “Teenage Dream” to Colfer’s character, Kurt. The clip was, and is, solidly in the lead for “Best gay moment of the year,” even ahead of the overturning of Prop 8 and the “It Gets Better” anti-bullying campaign, for which Colfer made a video.
“I have to tell them all that I so appreciate that,” he said, “But I think that the ‘It Gets Better’ campaign and the federal court decision overturning Prop 8 are much more important.” Still, he agreed, both “Teenage Dream” and the more recent, holiday-themed “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” feature a kind of flirtatious singing that’s unlike anything ever seen between two high school boys on television before, and he definitely understands why moments of visibility like that are important to GLBT youth.
Read more at AfterElton
Q&A: ‘Glee’ Creator Ryan Murphy Reveals Plans for Rest of Season
Looking at the other nominations for Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals, two of the other songs are the original versions of songs that have been performed on Glee: Paramore’s “The Only Exception” and Train’s “Hey, Soul Sister.”
I know, and looking at that group we’re actually covering one of the other nominees: we’re doing Maroon 5′s “Misery.” There’s only one nominee in that category we haven’t done, so that was funny to us.
What can you reveal about “Misery”?
“Misery” is a track that Blaine (Darren Criss) is going to do with the Warblers. I’m friendly with Adam Levine, and he texted me saying, ‘I think it’s time we get Maroon 5 on Glee.’ I said, ‘I agree, I think it’d be great.’ I love that song, I love Adam’s performance on that song, so we’re doing that in an upcoming spring episode.
Read more at Rolling Stone
Barry Weiss Joins Universal Music Group
In a shift of power among the major record companies, Barry Weiss, a top executive at Sony Music Entertainment, has signed a new deal with Universal Music Group, the industry leader and Sony’s chief competitor.
The move, which has been rumored in the music industry for weeks, was confirmed on Tuesday morning by a spokeswoman at the RCA/Jive Label Group, the division of Sony where Mr. Weiss is chairman and chief executive.
Read more at New York Times
- Powered by Disqus
- Wednesday Ratings: American Idol Rises, Survivor Dips to Season Low
- Phillip Phillips Responds Live on GMA to a Prom Proposal (VIDEO)
- American Idol 13 – Watch Dexter Roberts Swing Dance (VIDEO)
- Idol Headlines for 4/24/14
- Carrie Underwood Makes Time Magazine’s 2014 100 Most Influential List!
- Idols In Concert – Stats – 04/24/14
- Caleb Johnson – Sting Me – American Idol 13 Top 6 – VIDEO
- Jessica Meuse – Jolene – American Idol 13 Top 6 – VIDEO
- American Idol 13 Top 6 – Take the Polls! (PHOTO GALLERY)
- American Idol XIII – Top 6 – Live Blog – Performance Videos
- Survivor Cagayan: Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty – Episode 10 – Recap and Discussion (UPDATED)
- American Idol 13 Top 6 NEW Portrait Photos
- Bachelorette Contestant Died After a Paragliding Accident
- American Idol XIII – Idol Chat with M&M – The Top 6 Power Lists
- Tuesday Ratings: The Voice Down, Glee Remains Dire
- Survivor: Cagayan Ponderosa Videos and Thoughts
- Freemantle Media Will Stop Taking Down American Idol Youtube Clips
- Idol Headlines for 4/23/14
- Idol Sales News – Week Ending 04/20/14
- American Idol 13 Top 6 Song Spoilers
- Glee Season 5 – Opening Night – Recap and Performance Videos (UPDATED)
- The Voice 6 Top 12 Elimination Live Blog (UPDATED POLLS)
- Ella Henderson – “Ghost” – Music Video
- Clay Aiken Opponent Releases “No Show” Negative Ad (VIDEO)
- Nicki Minaj Still Obsessed with Angie Miller, Wishes American Idol Well