- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 13 Recaps
The American Idol callback auditions continue today in Nashville
Adam Lambert tells Australia’s Dylan Lewis that he’ll be releasing an acoustic CD in November/December that will be a combination of acoustic recordings from Glam Nation and the international radio tour earlier this year.
“There is going to be an acoustic CD, I don’t have an exact release date–probably around Thanksgiving time–November December,” says Adam, “We went around Europe and here [Australia] the earlier part of this year, and we did a lot of promo so I had Monte my guitar player and my drummer at the time and we did very stripped back versions of the songs, and we got our hands on some of those recordings. We also recorded some of the stuff from the actual Glam Nation tour, so it’s going to be a mix of both.”
Kellie Pickler Amongst the First Round Of Presenters For The ’44th Annual CMA Awards’ Announced
“Country Music’s Biggest Night” continues to get bigger as The Band Perry, Luke Bryan, Easton Corbin, Little Big Town, Tim McGraw, Jerrod Niemann, Kellie Pickler, LeAnn Rimes, Darius Rucker, Chris Young, and NASCAR champion Jeff Gordon are announced as the first group of presenters for “The 44th Annual CMA Awards.”
The CMA awards will be hosted by Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley and air on November 10 on ABC.
Listen to Ryan Seacrest interview Kellie from the Nashville Idol call backs.
Download a free track from Jennifer Hudson, Common and Lupe Fiasco called “We Can Do It Now”. The Chicago natives recorded the song as the theme for the 3rd season of Gartorade’s web show Replay. Download it HERE, or at Jennifer Hudson Daily.
American Idol Kelly Clarkson Lists her Nashville House at a Loss
YOUR MAMAS NOTES: Yesterday afternoon Your Mama received a covert communique from one of our Music City snitches–this one we call The Nashville House Whore–who gleefully whispered in our big ear that pop-rock singer/songwriter Kelly Clarkson recently listed her residence in Nashville, TN with an asking price of $1,449,000.
Read the rest at Realestalker
More Headlines after the Jump…
Elliott Yamin on his next album. He tweets, “Ok, so listen up: anybody hear that song called “Cold Heart” I cowrote on my album “fight for love”?.well,that’s how this nxt albums soundin”
Ariel & Zoey & Eli, Too – Interview David Archuleta
David was kind and gracious and AZ&E would watch David’s concert from the second row following the interview! Check your local listings for time and channel.
Via Fan Scene
Danny Gokey and More at Bella Bash for Regie Hamm’s cause
Kris Allen Interview – DAR Constitution Hall – 10/24/10
Music City Fights Childhood Cancer, Bass Legend Vail Johnson Scheduled to Play
Chemo Duck Goes Country: Music City Fights Childhood Cancer… A Red Carpet Event Benefiting Gabe’s Chemo Duck Program
Performances by multi-platinum country artist Collin Raye plus Charity Vance and Bass legend Vail Johnson (music director for Kenny G)
The event will include a celebrity auction featuring Chemo Ducks signed by celebrities, including, Danny Gokey, Melinda Doolittle, Kelly Clarkson, Elliott Yamin, and more.
More info at Bass Musician Magazine
Blake Lewis talks green at the Camp Ronald McDonald 18th Annual Halloween Carnival
Taylor Hicks returning to Birmingham for WorkPlay concert
Birmingham’s Taylor Hicks will be back in his hometown on Dec. 9 for a concert at the WorkPlay theater.
Tickets for the 8 p.m. show are $25, on sale at 205-380-4082 or the WorkPlay website.
Hicks, 34, a soul-pop singer and former “American Idol” winner, is touring this fall with a band that includes some of his longtime friends and colleagues from the local music scene.
Read more at AL.com
‘Glee’ Music Producer on ‘Rocky Horror’ Episode: ‘Why Can’t a Girl Be the Transvestite?’
With another themed episode of ‘Glee’ just a day away, fans of the 1975 cult classic ‘The Rocky Horror Picture Show’ are in a tizzy about Tim Curry’s iconic Dr. Frank-N-Furter, a transvestite, being portrayed by actress Amber Riley, a female.
“They’re up in arms about that. But, really, why can’t a girl be the transvestite?” ‘Glee’ music producer Adam Anders tells PopEater. The show, he contends, “is about inclusion.”
Riley, who plays Mercedes Jones, will perform ‘Sweet Tranvestite’ in the episode dubbed ‘The Rocky Horror Glee Show.’ John Stamos has been quoted saying he was supposed to take the Frank-N-Furter role, but FOX balked at the idea of the former Uncle Jesse in fishnets and a corset.
Read more at AOL Popeater
So, How Sanitized Is Glee’s Version of The Rocky Horror Picture Show?
But in order to perform Rocky Horror’s libido-forward oeuvre, the show does make a few concessions, the biggest of which (spoilers ahead) is casting Frank-N-Furter as a female. Mercedes (Amber Riley) plays the sexually omnivorous doc, (the role made famous by Tim Curry in the film), which makes her sweet, but no longer an actual transvestite. (When Frank-N-Furter belts out her introduction, she now hails from Sin-sational, Transylvania, rather than Transsexual, Transylvania.)
Shankman thinks he was specifically sought out to help tone down the musical’s racier elements. “Everything I touch turns ‘family,’ no matter how risqué it is,” Shankman says. He directed the movie-musical Hairspray, a squeaky-clean version of the Broadway show based on John Waters’ film. (“There was a lot of subversive stuff, a lot of racial stuff in the original film,” he says. “You never really feel any of the ugliness of it in the movie I made.”)
Read more at TV Guide
- Powered by Disqus
- Lena Dunham Skits – Saturday Night Live – VIDEO
- The National – Graceless – I Need My Girl – Saturday Night Live – VIDEO
- Kellie Pickler – Closer to Nowhere – Grand Ole Opry (VIDEO)
- Adam Lambert and Queen Tour Promo (VIDEO)
- Phillip Phillips – Raging Fire Lyric Video and New Live Performance
- Ke$ha Leaves Rehab: New Look and New Name (PHOTO)
- Idol Headlines for 3/8/14
- Glee Goes to Nationals (Finally!) City of Angels – Spoilers, Sneak Peek VIDEO
- The Voice 6 Preview – Adam Levine, Blake Shelton Kiss, A True Blind Audition (VIDEO)
- American Idol XIII – Emily Piriz Shares her Thoughts on Working With Randy Jackson, Harry Connick Jr.
- Kelly Clarkson’s Hit “Breakaway” is the American Idol XIII Boot Song, Recorded by Each of the Contestants
- Cassadee Pope’s “Wasting All These Tears” Certified Platinum
- Thursday Ratings: American Idol Hits Another Series Low
- The Bachelor, Juan Pablo Galavis Laughs at an R Word Joke, Calls Detractors “Uncultured”
- Idol Headlines for 3/7/14
- Billboard – Chart Date 03/15/2014
- American Idol Top 11 to Sing Songs of the Cinema, Harry Connick Jr to Perform on Results
- Phillip Phillips Debuts Single “Raging Fire” on American Idol (VIDEO) (NEW PHOTOS!)
- American Idol XIII Top 12 Results – Live Blog – VIDEOS – PHOTOS
- American Idol XIII – Top 12 – Poll Results and Predictions
- Glee Spoilers – 100th Episode Photos Feat Old Favs, Chace Crawford, Finn Memorial
- Wednesday Ratings: American Idol and Survivor Stay Even
- Idol Headlines for 3/6/14
- Kris Allen to Debut New Music at SXSW
- Adam Lambert to Front Queen North American Summer Tour (VIDEO) (UPDATED WITH TOUR DATES and PHOTOS)