- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 13 Recaps
Today’s Idol Appearances:
- Lee Dewyze performs at Sacred Heart University in Fairfield, CT. Before, he’ll perform at 96.5 TIC’s Acoustic Cafe
- Lee DeWyze’s chat w @KC1013! http://bit.ly/g1lVcr. Submit questions now, chat is at 2pm EST!
- Jennifer Hudson appears on The Wendy Williams Show
- Ryan Seacrest interviews New X Factor judge, L.A. Reid and Simon Cowell on his KIIS LA radio show today
- David Cook attends a party for Audrina Patridge at Drais Hollywood, sponsored by VH1 and Runway.
David Cook’s rehearsals are being filmed today by Jokerstyle productions, a company that has worked with 19E artists in the past. Read the tweet. According to their Facebook page, they are “working with American Idol winner David Cook today…..editing full “making of” mini documentary…”
Also, VH-1 and Runway Magazine present Audrina Patridge at Drais Hollywood on March 23rd (TONIGHT) , special guests include David Cook and many more. David’s exclusive interview and photo shoot is in the Spring Issue of Runway, available on newsstands now. Nope. David tweets that he won’t be there.
New Daughtry concert dates: Rock USA 2011, Oshkosh, WI, 7/14 (Pre-sale begins today) and Divots Event Center, Norfolk, NE 9/04. More info at DaughtryOfficial
Lee DeWyze performs a free concert at Texas A&M Reed Arena on Sunday March 27 at 6pm. Doors open at 4:30.
Kris Allen’s been working on some music!
@BigDRizzl (Derek White) tweets, “Listening to rough mixes of Kris Allen at Blue Chair.” (The Blue Chair is a recording studio in Arkansas)
@STACEYDanger: “Listened to a new @KrisAllen song he wrote w/ @hodgesmusic & @SteveMillerROCK. Really dig it.(That’s David Hodges and Steven Miller) …but it sounds phenomenal and isn’t even finished yet!”
@TheExies (Scott Stevens)
Writing last two days with kris Allen! Got a good one !!! http://t.co/0XjGPlb
Nigel Lythgoe tweets, “Mark Anthony has helped the kids this week. He’s brilliant. http://plixi.com/p/86113458
More Headlines after the JUMP…
Casey James gives Sugarland Advice on their Upcoming Idol performance!
Lee DeWyze Speaks Candidly About Life After ‘Idol’
THR: Of course, most people judge the success of a music career on album sales. Was your release week kind of ruined because you couldn’t just take pride in the accomplishment?
DeWyze: Definitely. It was interesting. They didn’t release the album on time [because] there was some sort of a mix-up at iTunes — it was supposed to be out at midnight, it didn’t get released until three in the afternoon — and just as it’s about to come out, the Beatles release their full catalog. So it was like, “Wow. Really?” Almost every album above mine was the Beatles, which is cool, but I got a lot of flack.
People wanted to bash on me and I was, like, “I don’t really f—ing care.” I don’t. I’m gonna do what I do because I love doing it and for the people that like my music. So for me, the album release wasn’t my best day. It was pretty upsetting. Not because of where it was or how much it sold, there were just so many things going against it…
It’s easy to sit behind a computer and blog about how much you hate somebody. It’s my job to get out there and perform, and it’s their job to try to tear people down.
Read more at THR
Lee DeWyze: Some people take pictures, I write songs
I’ll be honest with you — I was rooting for Crystal Bowersox to win “American Idol” last season. I was just so taken with her uniquely diverse sound and assumed that Lee DeWyze was a one-trick pony. Mistakenly so, as the winner’s first album, “Live It Up,” has proved to me over the countless spins it has warranted since hitting shelves in November.
Channeling the best parts of John Mayer and Taylor Swift (Lee’s musicality is matched by his superior songwriting) has resulted in one of the most dynamic debuts from an “Idol” grad to date. I caught up with Lee following his return to the “American” stage last week to find out what life has been like since winning TV’s most popular reality show and why “Live It Up” only scratches the surface of what he plans to do professionally.
Read more at the NY Post
Lee Dewyze interview with American Idol
Developing ‘Idol’ contestants appeals to producer Jim Jonsin
For Jim Jonsin, the appeal of producing the contestants of American Idol this season is easy to explain. “I like to develop artists,” says the Florida-based producer.
Not only has Jonsin produced big hits by established stars — Lil Wayne’s Lollipop, Beyoncé’s Sweet Dreams, T.I.’s Whatever You Like and Usher’s There Goes My Baby among them — he’s worked with several acts that have found recent success. Jonsin signed B.o.B. to his Rebel Rock label. He has produced Wiz Khalifa and helped Yelawolf get signed to Eminem’s Shady Records. He also has been asked to work in Justin Bieber’s next album.
Read more at USA Today
EXCLUSIVE DOCUMENT: American Idol’s Stefano Langone Arrested For Drunk Driving – Read The Police Report
Langone was released from King County Jail on $500 bail and eventually walked away without having to serve time on the condition that he keep a clean record for the next two years and attend an alcohol and drug information course.
Shockingly, just one year prior, Langone was the victim of an alcohol-induced car accident himself — an accident which left him with two broken arms that now have metal plates and screws in them and a broken pelvis.
Read more at RadarOnline
Idol Meter: Taking measure of pure talent
Subtract this week’s bottom-rated Haley Reinhart and Naima Adedapo, and we just may have American Idol’s best vocal lineup yet.
It’s so strong that our first Idol Meter leader, Lauren Alaina, and No. 3 Stefano Langone can’t even crack the top three based on pure talent.
Of course, singing skills alone don’t win Idol honors, but while we can, let’s look at this season’s most gifted.
Read more at USA Today
‘American Idol’ is jamming, thanks to the new judges
Many of us thought American Idol would survive without Simon Cowell. But who knew it would prosper?
Yet it has, not just in the ratings — which show some natural erosion but not the precipitous drop many expected — but also in critical and viewer reaction. Much of the credit goes to returning producer Nigel Lythgoe, whose tweaks lend the show a renewed energy, and to the contestants, a more varied and entertaining group than last year’s crew. But main credit goes to the judges who chose those singers.
Read more at USA Today
‘Cowboy’ Paul McDonald to perform Motown on ‘American Idol’
McDonald, 26, a Huntsville High School graduate, has also headed out West to Hollywood for “American Idol,” but, unlike Kid Rock, he’s not looking for booze and other assorted trouble at Hollywood and Vine.
Instead, he’s a modern-day cowboy looking for fame, fortune and a good time on this season’s “American Idol.” According to his mom, Susan McDonald, Paul was a cute little cowboy growing up, so don’t be surprised if he comes out on stage some night dressed up as a modern-day Roy Rogers.
Read more at AL.com
Casey James “Drive” Teaser Clip (From his official website)
Didi Benami performs the National Anthem at the Orlando Magic v. Cleveland Cavaliers game – 3/22/11
- Powered by Disqus
- American Idol Celebrates Mustang’s 50th Anniversary, Plus Backstage Interviews (PHOTO) (Videos)
- American Idol 13 Top 7 – Predictions, Poll Results, iTunes Rankings
- Wednesday Ratings: American Idol Continues to Drop
- Naya Rivera “Raged” to Glee Bosses – Lea Michele is Out of Control
- Idol Headlines for 4/17/14
- American Idol 13 Top 6 Theme Revealed – A Little Bit Country and a Little Bit Rock ‘n’ Roll
- Idols In Concert – Stats – 04/17/14
- American Idol XIII Top 7 – Take the Polls – Performance Photo Gallery
- American Idol 13 Top 7 – Jena Irene – Creep – Performance VIDEO
- American Idol XIII – Top 7 – Live Blog – Performance Videos
- Survivor Cagayan: Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty – Episode 8 – Recap and Discussion (UPDATED)
- The Voice 6 – Sisaundra Lewis – Ain’t No Way – Universal City Walk – VIDEO
- American Idol Live 2014 Tour Dates Announced
- American Idol XIII – Idol Chat with M&M – The Top 7
- Tuesday Ratings: The Voice and Glee Stay Steady
- The Voice 6 Top 12 is Revealed! The Return of the Instasave, Double Elims (PHOTOS)
- Idol Headlines for 4/16/2014
- American Idol 13 Top 7 Song Spoilers (UPDATED)
- Idol Sales News – Week Ending 04/13/14
- The Voice 6 – Playoffs #3 – TAKE THE POLLS
- The Voice 6 – The Playoffs #3 – Liveblog and Performance Videos
- Glee Season 5 – Tested – Recap and Performance Videos
- The Voice 6 Playoffs Song Spoilers – Team Usher!
- Carly Rose Soncenclar & Boyce Avenue – Counting Stars/Monster (VIDEO)
- Idol Insider – Didi Benami Performs “Trouble”, Talks New Album (VIDEO)