- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 13 Recaps
Today’s Idol Appearances:
- Josiah Leming appears at Cacao’s in Los Angeles
- Bo Bice performs at the Todd Cerney Benefit concert in Nashville. More info HERE.
- The Top 12 Girls American Idol performance episode tapes to air on Wednesday (We’ll be blogging the spoilers tonight! Stay tuned) If you plan on being in the audience tonight, give me a holla: mjsbigblog at gmail dot com.
- Matthew Morrison’s new single, “Summer Rain” premieres on the Ryan Seacrest radio show.
- Dancing With The Stars cast announced during tonight’s broadcast of The Bachelor on ABC at 8 pm.
Lee DeWyze will perform at the University of Iowa on March 25! Buy your tickets today at www.ticketmaster.com.
Paul McDonald tweets, “I’m thinking about doing an Avett Brothers or Mumford & Sons tune on the show…any suggestions?”
Steven Tyler also hit up a few Oscar parties last night, “JUST LEFT ELTONS SWAREE..BASH..TO BENEFIT AIDS BEAUTIFUL..NOW OFF TO VANITY FAIR W/ ERIN & LIV on MY ARMS- WHAT HAVE DONE 2 DESERVE THIS…HEY HEY ALSO RUBED NOSES W/ JAMEY FOX SMOKEY ROBINSON O YEAH CHAKA KHAN.. NEIL SADAKA CEE LO SEAL…I WAS VIBRATING (MY PUPS R BARKIN)” Read more on Steven’s twitter.
More Headlines after the JUMP…
David Cook Talks With Christie About 5K Walk, Idol and More!
American Idol and recording artist David Cook spent some time on the phone with Sunny’s Christie Banks discussing the upcoming Accelerate Brain Cancer Cure this Sunday at John Prince Park. David is a HUGE supporter, especially since he lost his brother to brain cancer. He talks about this important fundraiser as well as his upcoming new album, tour, the new judges on American Idol and his possible appearance on the show this season. David also teases us about a special something happening this coming Friday.
Read more at Sunny 104.3
Syesha Mercado sings “Feeling Good”
James, Casey early male favorites to reach ‘Idol’ finals
The men kick off the “American Idol” semifinals on Tuesday, and it will be the first time that the viewers get to decide who stays and who goes. Here are 10 questions that will determine who continues on to the 12-singer finals.
Can Casey Abrams overcome his health issues?
Thanks to TMZ, we know that Abrams, 20, was rushed to the hospital last Wednesday, and nearly missed getting the chance to perform this week. Though he did make it to the stage, we’ll see if this affects how one of the early favorites can make his “Idol” case, and if he’s strong enough to bring the double bass back onstage for an encore performance.
Read more at MSNBC
A Celebrity Force Field at the Vanity Fair Party
Steven Tyler sat in a booth with his daughter Liv and Eva Mendes, and leaped up to take a photo with a soldier who came with Sebastian Junger and Tim Hetherington, the directors of “Restrepo.” Their film lost best documentary to “Inside Job,” but Mr. Hetherington was sanguine about it. “When a person gets up on stage and says they’ve been nominated 19 times and only won twice, it kind of puts it in perspective,” he said.
Read more at the New York Times
Former ‘Idol’ star Bo Bice heads to Charlotte
“That was a special time in my life,” Bice said. “And as much as I guess I’m not the kind of cardboard cutout of what an ‘American Idol’ (is expected to be), I really enjoyed the show.”
Bice said that he has continued to watch the series and that his “favorite ‘American Idol’ who isn’t Carrie” is 2008 winner David Cook.
“That guy has an awesome voice,” Bice said. “He’s a great songwriter, and he is the genuine real deal.”
Read more at GoUpstate.com
American Idol Preview
THE SET: It’s been completely redesigned for Season 10. While it’s unclear how it’ll play on TV, from inside, it’s got a much more intimate vibe. The audience seating has been pushed closer to the stage, and even the last rows are only 20 feet or so away from the judges’ table. Jay, the guy hired to warm up the audience, described the set as “stadium seating in 360 degrees,” and that’s an apt way to put it. Audience members are now also sitting above the stage, where the band used to be stationed. (The band now resides stage right.) However, while this new section of the audience will be on TV throughout the show, they ironically cannot see what’s happening down on the stage below. So the Idol crew installed a giant screen on the other side of the set so that these audience members can actually watch American Idol while attending American Idol.
What else? The (estimated) 593 monitors that used to populate the set have disappeared. Also, and perhaps most importantly, the sway-bot pits are gone. That’s right: Everyone is sitting in chairs.
Read more at Entertainement Weekly
In honor of the Oscars! Blake Lewis beatboxes the “The King’s: Speech”
via Reality Rocks
Crystal Bowersox plays the Grand Ole Opry
Crystal initially went just as a fan, but Pete Fisher, the show’s general manager, asked if he could announce her presence to the audience. When he did, the response was so enthusiastic that Opry member Vince Gill decided to bring her on to perform.
“We do things out here for an awful lot of different reasons, but one is spontaneity, one is fun,” Gill said as he introduced Crystal. “I went to the management and said, ‘Why don’t we do the Southern gentlemanly thing and invite her to sing a song on the stage of the Grand Ole Opry?’”
Read more at USA Today
Scott D. Pierce: Lythgoe shakes things up on ‘American Idol’
“I gave it up so I could concentrate on building ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ up around the world,” Lythgoe said while in Salt Lake City for “SYTYCD” auditions. “We opened it up in Canada, Australia, South Africa, the Ukraine. It was terrific fun.”
Then “Idol” officials asked him to return for Season 10. And Lythogoe liked the idea.
“It needs a shake-up, especially now that we’re losing the star, Simon Cowell,” he said. “It’s a time where you can be creative and you’re not just following a format that has been there.”
Read more at the Salt Lake Tribune
Report: Doug Morris’ Move To Sony Has Been Delayed
The expected move of UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP Chairman DOUG MORRIS to SONY MUSIC reportedly has been pushed back to later this year. BRITAIN’s TELEGRAPH writes, “Following weeks of intense negotiations between UNIVERSAL and SONY, the 72 year-old will have to wait until the second half of this year before he can take up his new post. He had wanted to join SONY in APRIL. This will leave SONY MUSIC without a leader for at least three months. ROLF SCHMIDT HOLTZ, SONY MUSIC’s current chief executive, sees his contract come to an end on MARCH 31.”
Read more at All Access
‘BEAM ME UP’ OFFER FOR SIMON COWELL
SIMON Cowell has been offered the chance to appear on this year’s X Factor – from space!
ITV bosses are so worried the show will suffer a ratings dip without him on board they have come up with an ingenious plan for him to get involved.
They want him to judge the acts in the contest by beaming him via satellite.
Read more at the Daily Mail
Tom Cruise confirmed to sing in ‘Rock of Ages’
The actor, 48, will play fictional heavy metal star Stacee Jaxx in Rock of Ages, the big-screen adaptation of the hit Broadway musical, film director Adam Shankman confirmed to E! News’ Ryan Seacrest on the red carpet at Sunday’s Oscars.
“He’s studying his vocals,” Shankman said.
In the show, Cruise’s character sings Jon Bon Jovi’s classic “Wanted Dead or Alive.”
But, er, can Cruise carry a tune like his wife Katie Holmes?
“He can sing!” Shankman said. “It’s a miracle!”
Read more at MSNBC
- Powered by Disqus
- Idol Sales News – Week Ending 04/20/14
- American Idol 13 Top 6 Song Spoilers
- Glee Season 5 – Opening Night – Recap and Performance Videos
- The Voice 6 Top 12 Elimination Live Blog (UPDATED POLLS)
- Ella Henderson – “Ghost” – Music Video
- Clay Aiken Opponent Releases “No Show” Negative Ad (VIDEO)
- Nicki Minaj Still Obsessed with Angie Miller, Wishes American Idol Well
- American Idol 13 Top 6 Theme Revealed – A Little Bit Country and a Little Bit Rock ‘n’ Roll (What Should They Sing)
- The Voice 6 Top 12 Predictions, Poll Results, iTune Rankings
- Glee Spoilers – Old Dog New Tricks Written by Chris Colfer – Plot, Song Details!
- The Voice 6 Top 12 – Kristen Merlin Reacts to Mic Malfunction – VIDEO
- Monday Ratings: The Voice Falls, DWTS Dips
- RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 6 — Episode 10 – Results, Recap, Video
- Idol Headlines for 4/22/14
- Phillip Phillips – Raging Fire – Ellen, Behind The Light Track List (VIDEO)
- HDD – Album Sales Prediction : Apr 14-20
- Josh Kaufman sings “Stay With Me” – The Voice 6 Top 12 – VIDEO
- The Voice 6 – Top 12 Live Finals Premiere – Take the POLLS
- Dancing With The Stars – Season 18 – Week 6
- The Voice 6 – Top 12 Live Shows – Live Blog, Performance Videos
- Idol Headlines for 4/21/14 – Evening Edition
- The Voice 6 Top 12 Song Spoilers
- White House Responds to Justin Bieber Deportation Petition
- A Great Big World – Already Home Official Video feat Darren Criss
- Glee Spoilers – Photos, Details from “The Backup Plan” feat Shirley MacLaine