- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- The Glee Project
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- Adam Lambert
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
UPDATE: Listen to Howard Stern talk about American Idol on his Sirius radio show this morning. Stern goes on an endless, non-PC rant. I suggest the sensitive take a pass. (I can’t believe Idol is serious about this). Part 1:
Howard Stern confirmed to his radio listeners this morning that Fox is interested in hiring him to take Simon Cowell’s place at the judges panel. What’s more, Stern claims to be interested in the gig. via Vote for the Worst.
via the Wrap:
Howard Stern told his satellite radio listeners on Monday that he is considering leaving Sirius – and radio altogether — to become a judge on “American Idol.”
Stern confirmed a report that Fox is interested in hiring the Sirius shock jock to replace Simon Cowell on the reality show.
“There’s not a better job on the planet than judging that f—ing karaoke contest,” Stern said.
“It might be possible, we’ll see,” he said, adding: “They’d have to pay me a ton of dough because I already make a ton of dough.”
Stern’s five-year, $500 million contract with Sirius expires at the end of the year.
“It would be the best thing that happened to me,” he said. “What a cush job — $100 million for four months. Who wouldn’t take that?”
Oh man, I can’t believe Idol producers would consider Stern for the job. Hiring the polarizing “shock jock” would be quite the risk for Idol to take. It would mean alienating their core audience of adult women–perhaps to attract a new audience of men and younger viewers? Very perplexing.
Still, I think this is a bunch of posturing on Stern’s part. He’s a radio broadcaster, through and through. He claims he’d give up radio for the Idol gig, and I just can’t see that happening.
I also can’t picture the New York boy working in LA…
MTV has a more detailed transcript HERE. Stern claims it was Simon Cowell who suggested him for the job. Hm.
If by some wild chance Stern got the job, I believe he’d totally do a 180, and adjust to work within the family-friendly confines of the job (He’d have to).
- Powered by Disqus
- Idol Headlines for 5/19/13
- Saturday Night 2013 Season Finale – Kanye West – VIDEO (UPDATED)
- Eurovision 2013: Grand Final
- Danny Gokey Announces Deal with BMG Records
- Idol Headlines for 5/18/2013
- Simon Cowell Twitter Riot: Will Announce X Factor Panel on Monday (Plus Other Random Topics)
- Eurovision 2013 – Ozzyd’s Power List
- Candice Glover Speaks to the Press (VIDEOS)
- Candice Glover – I Am Beautiful – The Tonight Show (Video)
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing X Factor Deal (Report)
- Kree Harrison Speaks With Reporters (VIDEOS)
- NBC Announces All Six Coaches Will Return To The Voice
- Idol Headlines for 5/17/13
- Thursday Ratings: American Idol Finale Down 44% Compared to Last Year
- American Idol Runner Up Kree Harrison to Make Her Opry Debut June 4
- Billboard – Chart Date 05/25/13
- Candice Glover, Jennifer Hudson American Idol Duet Angers Natalie Cole
- American Idol 13 Spoiler: The Top 20 Can Audition Again
- Kris Allen To Undergo Surgery on Monday
- Candice Glover Wins American Idol 12 – Red Carpet, Finale PHOTOS
- Candice Glover Debut Album “Music Speaks” to be Released July 16
- Angie Miller – You Set Me Free Single – First Listen!
- Kree Harrison – All Cried Out – Audio – First Listen
- Candice Glover – I Am Beautiful – Winners Single – First Listen!
- American Idol 12 The Finale – Recap, Results VIDEO