Glee Spoilers for “On My Way”, airing February 21.
Things heat up as New Directions face off against The Dalton Academy Warblers at Regionals!
Written by: Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa
Directed by: Bradley Buecker
Lea Michele tweeted this photo, “In anticipation of tomorrows very memorable episode.. We took this photo.. We call it GLEE-MAIDS.”
UPDATE: The Trevor Project, the organization that provides crisis and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ youth, will run a PSA right after the episode airs. (Trevor Project)
Episode still from Mr. Max Adler
More episode stills
Who wins Regionals? Will Quinn be in a car accident? Did Karovsky try to commit suicide?
UPDATE: West Coasters looking for Spoilers:
NEW DIRECTIONS WINS REGIONALS. After being bullied and harassed by his classmates after Nick spread the news that he was gay, Karovsky tries to commit suicide by hanging himself–intercut with Blaine singing “Cough Syrup”. His dad finds him in time. Sebastian recalls being cruel to him at Scandals and decides to call a truce with New Directions–that’s why everyone looks happy for each other in the clips. Will reveals that he almost committed suicide when he was a junior in high school–over being caught cheating on a test. He almost jumped off the top of a building but stopped himself. Because of Karovsky’s near suicide, Finn and Rachel decide to get married after Regionals. Sue is pregnant, but does not reveal the father. Quinn wants to be a Cheerio again. After saying no first, Sue welcomes her back in. Kurt visits Karovsky in the hospital. Karovsky finally feels what it must have been like for Kurt when he was bullying him. Kurt helps Kurovsky envision his life in 10 years–helping Kurovsky see that a happy life is possible. They pledge to be friends. After ND wins Regionals, The Berrys, The Hummel-Hudsons, Will, Sue and the kids gather for Finchel’s wedding. But Quinn is really late. Rachel doesn’t want to begin without her, so she keeps texting her, wondering where she is and when she’ll arrive. While Quinn checks out her latest message from Rachel, she is BROADSIDED but a truck. Fade to black. That’s the cliffhanger.
UPDATE: Co-Creator, Ian Brennan will guest-star as one of the judges at regionals. (Daily Herald)
UPDATE: According to the person who posted the screen caps: The Quinn cap is the last scene of the episode. We won’t know if Finchel gets married or not. Quin is answering a text from Rachel, Karovsky tries to commit suicide during Cough Syrup, “I can’t tell which club wins”, Quinn promised Rachel to be a bridesmaid (Tumblr)
UPDATE: There is Sebastian/Karofsky interaction at one point (flashback to Sebastian being cruel to Karovsky at Scandals), The scene with Quinn standing while Rachel tries on her dress that was seen in the promo was cut (ONTD_Glee)
UPDATE: From a Grant Gustin interview with Billboard. He says that the Sebastian/Blaine relationship is “more up in the air” than it was at the end of “Michael” (Billboard)
- ONTD_Glee summary HERE.
- Kurt and Blaine DO NOT BREAK UP
- The cliffhanger has nothing to do with Karovsky or the Finchel wedding.
- The cliffhanger is “effective. A bit contrived and I’m sure it’s what many people have predicted, but it’s effective.”
- No one leaves anyone at the altar.
- Karofsky has a dream sequence where he has a partner (NOT KURT)
- “There is some very heavy Karofsky stuff, yes. Max Adler really gets some stuff to sink his teeth into. On that, so does Chris Colfer”
- Blaine is in the background in this episode
- The first song, Cough Syrup, happens in the first 10 minutes of the show. Blaine is performing it as a possible competition solo, with Kurts watching. The performance is intercut with an important scene. It’s incredibly emotional and powerful. (The scene has nothing to do with Kurt and Blaine) (Probably involves Karovsky)
- Karofsky wants to be Kurt’s friend, and Kurt agrees, but there is NO ROMANCE or physicality between the two
- Kurt and Rachel are looking at wedding magazines at the Lima Bean before their confrontation with Sebastian. Kurt is still thinks they should wait, but he’s softened a little about the wedding.
- The 3rd choir is called the Golden Goblets, they sing a choir chant that lasts about a minute.
- The cliffhanger involves “You and a box of tissues”
- Quinn has some sweet scenes with Sue
- Finn finds out about the blackmail photo
- We don’t find out who the father of Sue’s baby is
- Regionals happen before the wedding, in the middle of the episode
- The cliffhanger is “life threateningly big” and “multifaceted”
- There is a discussion with members of ND and Sebastian about how he nearly took Blaine’s eye out.
- ND and Warblers are on better terms at Regionals and we find out why
- The episode begins with the Sebastian/Rachel/Kurt blackmail scene
- We find out the winner of Regionals.
- Rachel’s dads have some great comedic stuff
UPDATE: Watch the Warblers and New Directions perform at regionals at the above links. Notice how happy the kids look as they watch their respective rivals perform. Blaine claps and smiles as he watches Sebastian, the guy who nearly blinded him with a slushie, sings. Sebastian also cheers on New Directions (after trying to blackmail Rachel earlier in the episode). Hm.
UPDATE: New Video Preview (below): At the Lima Bean, Sebastian attempts to blackmail Rachel into dropping out of regionals with a nude (totally photoshopped) photo of Finn. Kurt is there and gets into a bitchy exchange with the Evil Gay Warbler.
Glee Digital Billboard
UPDATE: Added a sneak peek video from FOX. Chris Colfer says he does “a lot of crying” in the episode, and that it will be an emotional roller coaster for the fans. (Video at the bottom of the page)
UPDATE: Comment from a crew member about Dave Karofsky’s storyline – In response to: “Max killed it (and great to have him back)” – “Max killed it” – Careful what you wish for… (VIA Mr. Max Adler) Hm…
UPDATE: Young The Giant’s hit single “Cough Syrup” will be featured in the opening scene of the winter finale of Glee. (Sung by Blaine) (Anti-Music)
UPDATE: From E!Online Spoiler Chat: “When you said the Regionals episode would leave a certain fanbase pissed in your last recap, did you mean Brittana fans?! Please say no! The shocking moment we were talking about in the last Glee-Dux does not directly involve Brittany (Heather Morris) and Santana (Naya Rivera). Now go take a breath. Also, from what we’ve heard, there is something major in the very beginning of the episode and something major at the very end. (EOnline)
UPDATE: See new FOX promo below. Rachel and Finn are dressed for a wedding. Sue Sylvester announces that she’s pregnant. Quinn and Sue have some sort of confrontation. Blaine serenades Kurt in an empty auditorium, Sebastian confronts Rachel at the Lima Bean (Kurt is also there), Scenes from Rachel and Finn’s wedding. Quinn tries to stop Rachel from marrying Finn. Hiram Berry says to Burt Hummel “We’ve got to stop that wedding.”
UPDATE: Vanessa Lengies (Sugar) describes the episode-ending cliff-hanger: ““It’s our regionals episode, and it’s a huge jaw-dropper,” she reveals. “When I read the script, I was shocked, because it takes you on a big roller-coaster ride. In almost everyone’s storyline there is a surprise, so I was on the edge of my seat the whole time I was reading it.” Touting the episode even further, she says: “It ends with one of those scenes where you just can’t believe what’s happening.” TVLine
In a deceitful bid to secure a Regionals’ victory for his Dalton Academy Warblers, New Directions’ arch rival Sebastian tries to blackmail Rachel to pull out of the singing competition. When a devastating event shocks the McKinley community, it causes the students to reevaluate their priorities, and inspires Mr. Schuester to reveal an uncharacteristic moment from his past. Meanwhile, a reinvigorated Quinn tries to regain her position on the Cheerios, Finn and Rachel make a sudden decision about their future together, Kurt helps a troubled friend through a difficult situation, and Will gets a surprising new ally.
Guest Cast: Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Damian McGinty as Rory Flanagan; Vanessa Lengies as Sugar Motta; Jeff Goldblum as Hiram Berry; Brian Stokes Mitchell as LeRoy Berry; NeNe Leakes as Roz Washington; Grant Gustin as Sebastian Smythe; Max Adler as Dave Karofsky. Also: Vanessa Lengies as Sugar Motta, Romy Rosemont as Carole Hudson-Hummel, Mike O’Malley as Burt Hummel, Samuel Larsen as Joe Hart, Iqbal Theba as Principal Figgins
The main story line is of course, the big faceoff between New Directions and The Warblers, but one of the backstories involves Karovsky. Both Kurovsky and his dad make an appearance in this episode. A fan whose sister was on set snapped photos of “Karovsky Bedroom” and, most interestingly, Karovsky Hospital Room. Could Dave Karovsky be at the center of the “devastating event” described in the summary that “shocks the McKinley community”? Could Karovsky be the “troubled friend” that Kurt helps?
Also, there is chatter that a wedding was shot. Lea Michele dropping all sorts of clues on twitter (see tweets below like “Had a fitting for
#Glee tonight for a very very white dress….” and “All us ladies at the bridal shop! So much fun! #Bridesmaids” Damian McGinty told @genicareyes from Glee News “We just finished filming a wedding” but he would not specify whose. Apparently the bride looked beautiful. Hm.
Rachel’s dads and Burt and Carole Hummel are in the audience at Regionals
“Cough Syrup” by Young the Giant – Blaine solo (With Kurt watching in the auditorium)
Regionals Set List:
- “Stand” by Lenny Kravitz – Sebastian leads the Warblers
- Glad You Came by The Wanted
- What Doesn’t Kill You” (Stronger)” by Kelly Clarkson (The all-girl Troubletones: Brittany, Santana and Mercedes sing lead.
- Fly (Nicki Minaj)/I Believe I Can Fly. Rachel/Artie Santana/Blaine rap.
- “Here’s to Us” by Halestorm – Rachel solo
Lea Michele at her wedding dress fitting
Sebastian confronts Rachel and Kurt at the Lima Bean
Sneak Peek – On My Way
Preview Next Week’s Glee – On Our Way – Regionals
Official FOX Photos
Behind the Scenes photos
The cast tweeted a ton of photos from the Regionals set on Tuesday.
- Iqbal Theba tweets, “Just read ep #314. Cant tell you how AWESOME it is!
#GLEEWRITERSRULE !!!” (1/26)
- Grant Gustin tweets, “Back to play today! Feel like having some coffee perhaps..” (1/27)
- Lea Michele tweets, “Morning! Hey
@grantgust and @chriscolfer I’m gonna go get some coffee at the Lima Bean now..wanna come? Meet u there in an hour! :) (1/27)
- Grant Gustin tweets, “
@msleamichele @chriscolfer For sure! In traffic.. Be there in a bit” (1/27)
- Lea Michele tweets, “Getting ready for work now! Off to the recording studio! Starting our regionals competition episode! See you soon @alxanders!” (1/30)
- Alex Anders tweets, “Great job today
@DarrenCriss ! This is one of my favorite things that we’ve done recently.” (1/30)
- Naya Rivera tweets, “Dance rehearsal and pre-records today! It’s regionals time!!” (Feb2)
- Alex Anders tweets, “A lot of cast vocals today. HEMO and
@MsAmberPRiley are up next!” (Feb 2)
- Lea Michele tweets, “Had a fitting for
# Glee tonight for a very very white dress….” (Feb 3)
- Lea Michele tweets, “Hallway scene with
@DiannaAgron @chriscolfer and @DarrenCriss :) it’s gonna be a looooong night… (Feb 3)
- Lea Michele tweets, “On set shooting w/ all the girls!
@DiannaAgron @NayaRivera Hemo @JennaUshkowitz @MsAmberPRiley @littlelengies (Feb 3)
- Lea Michele tweets, “All us ladies at the bridal shop! So much fun!
#Bridesmaids (Feb 3)
- Dianna Agron tweets, “You know what takes away the sting of a six am call? A scene with
@janemarielynch. Going back to the good old days. Sue + Q” (Feb 6)
- Lea Michele tweets, “Everyone’s all dressed up in their regional competition outfits today. Lookin real fancy!” (Feb 6)
- Naya Rivera tweets, “Early call at work today. Ready to dance all day…it’s Regionals time!” (Feb 7)
- Chord Overstreet tweets, “Regionals http://instagr.am/p/GttANHuX6R/ (Feb 7)
- Dianna Agron tweets, “Regionals. http://yfrog.com/h04h0xvj (Feb 7)
- Cory Monteith tweets, “regionals! http://yfrog.com/kfnh5gvj (Feb 7)
- Lea Michele tweets, “It’s Regionals time everyone! Watching the Warblers perform right now.. Sitting next to
@chriscolfer http://pic.twitter.com/hZFweoOM (Feb 7)
- Lea Michele tweets, “It’s Regionals time everyone! http://pic.twitter.com/yBIqpkob (Feb 7)
- Kevin McHale tweets, “LIVE from regionals! I don’t even know..
@marksalling http://instagr.am/p/GuCMwIyJ8v/ (Feb 7)
- Lea Michele tweets, “Been dancing all day! And we still have many hours to go! My feet are killing me!!
#Regionals” (Feb 7)
- Vanessa Lengies tweets, “LOVING life.
#besidemyself http://pic.twitter.com/xaHAsagQ (Feb 7)
- Igbal Theba tweets, “Me n my buddy
@dotmariejones on the set…. Love her!!! http://pic.twitter.com/CJtsp43w (Feb 7)
- Darren Criss tweets, “Shooting Regionals right now. I love getting to see so many members of the Glee family all together under one roof!
#glee” (Feb 7)
- Darren Criss tweets, “These days at work can be pretty strenuous, but it’s all worth it when you get to watch the other groups’ AMAZING performances… hot DAMN!” (Feb 7)
- Courtney Galiano tweets, “
@CourtneyGaliano: Warblers are killing it!!!!! My favorite warbler number ever! (Feb 7)
- Mark Salling tweets, “You are an AdonisRT
@druidDUDE LIVE from regionals! I don’t even know.. @marksalling http://instagr.am/p/GuCMwIyJ8v/ (Feb 7)
- Kevin McHale tweets, “Where’s my chair?!
@rikerr5?! http://instagr.am/p/GufS57yJwp/ (Feb 7)
- Kevin McHale tweets, “Telly McGustin.
@totle9 @grantgust http://instagr.am/p/GuhJcxSJxA/ (Feb 7)
- Grant Gustin tweets, “Regionals.
#feet http://instagr.am/p/GuwIP9AVDs/ (Feb 7)
- Chris Colfer tweets, “After a long search I was finally reunited with my birth mother… http://lockerz.com/s/181725883 (Feb 7)
- Grant Gustin tweets, “After a long day of dancing in new shoes, day 1 of regionals is done! Time to sleep and get ready for day 2!!
#goodtimes (Feb 7)
- Alex Anders tweets, “String session with David Campbell and Allen Sides. This does not suck!” (Feb 7)
- Lea Michele tweets, “2nd day of Regionals today… Gotta put my dance shoes on again!” (Feb 8)
- John Locke tweets, “2012 Regionals with Old Faithful http://instagr.am/p/GxP4N6ArF5/ (Feb 8)
- Amber Riley tweets, “Danced on a sprained ankle for two days in heels! My feet have had it. I hope u guys love this number, we went SO HARD http://lockerz.com/s/182039388 (2/9)
- Kevin McHale tweets, “Focus. Puller. Dzown.
@southbaygirl that’s a wrap on Regionals! http://instagr.am/p/GxrrsmSJ6N/ (2/12)
- Lea Michele tweets, “Shooting a very emotional scene right now… But I love me a good cry” (2/13)
- Lea Michele tweets, “Very happy at work right now.. Number 1 because I’m wearing sweatpants and number 2 cause we’re working with
Latest posts by mj santilli (see all)
- Carly Rae Jepsen – I Really Like You – First Listen Audio - 03/02/2015
- Idol Headlines for 3/1/15 - 03/01/2015
- Concert Schedule for 3/1/15 - 03/01/2015