- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- The Glee Project
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- Adam Lambert
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
The big news to come out of the FOX executive session at today’s Television Critics Tour in Los Angeles, was the announcement that Mariah Carey would be joining the American Idol judges panel.
X Factor is close to signing new hosts which could be “one or two” people according to Reilly. And ya’all will be surprised at how feisty judges Britney Spears and Demi Lovato are. I saw the two in action in Providence last month. And I would agree that Demi is not only feisty, but pretty damn spunky is well. I liked her. While Britney certainly had the ability to say no, I found her overall affect rather flat. She didn’t have much to say about a hopeful beyond Yay or Neigh…
“I think we have a real spitfire with Demi, who literally took on Simon [Cowell] on Day 1,” said Reilly.
As most of you know, Glee Season 4 will be splitting the action between the students at McKinley in Ohio and the graduated seniors in New York City. FOX entertainment honcho, Kevin Reilly has read the first 3 scripts and is impressed.
“I’ve read first three scripts and I’m very happy with how seamless [the transition] is,” Reilly told reporters at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour in Beverly Hills, adding that the show will split its focus between McKinley and NYADA, where Rachel is enrolled as a freshman. “There’s going to be thematic linkages between the two [worlds].”
I take that to mean that the two worlds will constantly be intersecting, rather than existing in separate universes. Initially, Reilly had the really terrible idea of splitting the season in half.
“At one point, I thought we would split the season down the middle [with one half taking place in Ohio and the second half in New York],” Reilly said. “Ultimately I don’t think that’s the way our fans want to watch the show.”
You would be CORRECT SIR. Reilly actually considered featuring the star of the show, Lea Michele–who plays the NYC bound Rachel Berry–during only half of the season? That’s why the executives make the BIG BUCKS!
It’s already been announced that Lea Michele, Chris Colfer (Kurt), Cory Monteith (Finn) and Naya Rivera (Santana) will be featured in Season 4 storylines, with Lea, Chris, and Cory confirmed to continue as season regulars. But it looks like the other Glee graduates, Harry Shum Jr. (Mike), Dianna Agron (Quinn), Amber Riley (Mercedes) and Mark Salling (Puck) will only be making occasional special appearances.
“We have a core [group consisting] of some of the returning characters and some of the new ones that we’ll be servicing every week, and then limited deals with some of the other actors, who will be joining here and there through the season,” he said. “I think it will make for a fun surprise [when they turn up].”
I’m really skeptical that Glee producers will be able to keep their storylines consistent and cogent with two separate casts in two different cities. They managed a successful split narrative in Season 2 when Kurt transferred to the Dalton Academy, but those scenes only revolved around Kurt and Blaine (Darren Criss).
The New York storylines will be quite a bit more complicated, encompassing plots that involve Rachel, Kurt and their mentors played by Sarah Jessica Parker and Kate Hudson. Plus they just cast a new guy to play Rachel’s love interest, and I read they’ll be casting a roomate for her too.
The producers could barely put together realistic and satisfying stories when the action took place in one city. I hope I’m wrong, but I predict madness.
- Powered by Disqus
- Danielle Bradbery – Born To Fly – The Tonight Show – VIDEO
- So You Think You Can Dance 10 – Meet Your Top 20 (Photos)
- Sopranos Star James Gandolfini Dead at 51
- Glee Season 5 Spoilers: Kurt Joins A Band, No Love For Klaine Proposal (VIDEO)
- Miley Cyrus Twerks and Grinds in her New “We Can’t Stop” Music Video
- Big Brother 15 Introduces 2 New Twists
- Blake Shelton On the Haters: They Can Kiss My Ass Now
- Big Machine Label Group Signs The Voice Winner Danielle Bradbery (She Begins Recording on Monday!)
- Tuesday Ratings: The Voice Dips, SYTYCD Falls
- The Voice Tony Lucca Debuts Never Gonna Let You Go Music Video
- Nashville Music Producer T Bone Burnett Not Returning to The Show
- Idol Headlines for 6/19/13
- Idol Sales News – Week Ending 06/16/13
- The Voice 4 Finale! Results, Recap, Videos
- America’s Got Talent – Season 8 Auditions, Week 3 – Live Blog and Discussion
- So You Think You Can Dance 10- Top 20 Reveal- Live Blog and Discussion
- Kelly Clarkson Confirms via Twitter She WON’T Be Joining American Idol
- Fifth Harmony Unveil “Miss Movin On” Lyric Video
- The Voice 4 – Finale – Top 3 – Poll Results, iTunes Rankings and Predictions
- FIRST LISTEN: Kelly Clarkson’s New Country Single “Tie It Up” (STUDIO VERSION)!
- Kellie Pickler Co-Hosts Sings “Someone Somewhere Tonight” on The View (VIDEO) (UPDATED)
- Official Video: Kree Harrison’s Grand Ole Opry Debut, Duet With Keith Urban (Bonus Carrie Underwood Video)
- Monday Ratings: The Voice and The Winner Is… Ticks Up
- Ne-Yo and Cher Lloyd – It’s All Good – Song Premiere (AUDIO)
- Jessica Sanchez and PS22 Chorus Perform “Clarity” Trevor Live NYC (VIDEO)