- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- The Glee Project
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- Adam Lambert
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
The Voice has given The X Factor a run for it’s money this season. In its second season, X Factor has still fallen short of Simon Cowell’s 2o million viewer prediction, but nevertheless, FOX has enough faith in the competition reality show to bring it back for another season.
Also, a special results show will air on Sunday, November 4 8:00-10:00 pm ET.
Read the press release below
FOX has ordered a third season of THE X FACTOR, it was announced today by Mike Darnell, President of Alternative Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company.
“I couldn’t be happier about THE X FACTOR already being renewed for another season,” said Simon Cowell. “I am so proud of the show and the team who have made it this season. I want to thank our incredible sponsors for their support and creativity, and FOX for going out of their way to do everything they can to make this show a success. Most importantly, I have to personally thank our amazing fans for the support and enthusiasm they have given to THE X FACTOR. Our main commitment will always be to find great talent, and let’s not forget, we are now days away from our first live shows. The gloves are off! Expect fireworks!”
“This season, Simon and the producers of THE X FACTOR took an already strong show and made it absolutely fantastic. The format changes are working, the contestants are unbelievably talented, and Britney and Demi – alongside Simon and L.A – have brought an incredibly fun new chemistry to the judges’ panel that our fans really love,” said Darnell. “We feel great about the show and I’m thrilled to bring it back next year for Season Three.”
“We’re absolutely thrilled that THE X FACTOR will be returning to FOX for a third hit season,” said Trish Kinane, President of Entertainment Programming at FremantleMedia North America. “We’ve seen an incredible range of talent so far and we’re getting set for some truly blockbuster live shows this season that viewers will love. THE X FACTOR has really come into its own this year, finding its unique place and cementing its position as one of the leading talent shows in the entertainment landscape, as well as showing clear potential to build into a brand with true longevity. We’re looking forward to working with the fantastic teams at FOX and Syco, along with our sponsors, to build upon the show’s success.”
Season to date, THE X FACTOR is averaging a 3.9 rating among Adults 18-49 and 10.6 million Total Viewers and is a Top 15 show this fall among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34. In addition, THE X FACTOR is a Top 5 entertainment program among Teens this season.
THE X FACTOR continues to break social TV records with the most fan engagement of any series on television and three times the social activity of its genre competitors. Each episode consistently achieves more Twitter trending topics than the competition. The second season premiere of THE X FACTOR shattered the record for a series premiere, garnering 1.4 million social comments, according to Bluefin Labs.
Following schedule changes due to the rain-delayed MLB NLCS game last week, on Tuesday, Oct. 23, the highly anticipated conclusion of the “Judges’ Homes” round of THE X FACTOR will air at a special time from 9:30-10:30 PM ET/PT on FOX. Simon Cowell, Demi Lovato, L.A. Reid and Britney Spears will reveal the 16 acts among the Teens, Young Adults, Groups and Over 25s categories that will continue in the competition.
Next week, the Top 16 acts will perform on a special LIVE two-and-a-half hour show, hosted by Khloé Kardashian Odom and Mario Lopez, on Thursday, Nov. 1 (8:00-10:30 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed). THE X FACTOR live shows continue on a special night on Sunday, Nov. 4 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) with additional performances and the announcement of the Season Two finalists.
THE X FACTOR was created by Syco Television and is produced by Syco Television and FremantleMedia North America. Rob Wade and Nigel Hall are executive producers for Syco Television. Trish Kinane, Richard Holloway and Andrew Llinares serve as executive producers for FremantleMedia North America. “Like” THE X FACTOR on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheXFactorUSA. Follow the series on Twitter @TheXFactorUSA and join the discussion at #xfactor.
Simon Cowell tweets, “I wanted you guys to be the first to know that FOX have confirmed that @TheXFactorUSA will be back next year for it’s third season. t was important for you to be the first to know because it is thanks to your support and enthusiasm we are coming back. I want to personally thank each and every one of you, it is hugely appreciated and never forgotten. The live shows for this season are days away, I have a feeling, as we say in the UK, we are in for a complete ding dong!”
- Powered by Disqus
- Saturday Night 2013 Season Finale – Kanye West – VIDEO
- Eurovision 2013: Grand Final
- Danny Gokey Announces Deal with BMG Records
- Idol Headlines for 5/18/2013
- Simon Cowell Twitter Riot: Will Announce X Factor Panel on Monday (Plus Other Random Topics)
- Eurovision 2013 – Ozzyd’s Power List
- Candice Glover Speaks to the Press (VIDEOS)
- Candice Glover – I Am Beautiful – The Tonight Show (Video)
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing X Factor Deal (Report)
- Kree Harrison Speaks With Reporters (VIDEOS)
- NBC Announces All Six Coaches Will Return To The Voice
- Idol Headlines for 5/17/13
- Thursday Ratings: American Idol Finale Down 44% Compared to Last Year
- American Idol Runner Up Kree Harrison to Make Her Opry Debut June 4
- Billboard – Chart Date 05/25/13
- Candice Glover, Jennifer Hudson American Idol Duet Angers Natalie Cole
- American Idol 13 Spoiler: The Top 20 Can Audition Again
- Kris Allen To Undergo Surgery on Monday
- Candice Glover Wins American Idol 12 – Red Carpet, Finale PHOTOS
- Candice Glover Debut Album “Music Speaks” to be Released July 16
- Angie Miller – You Set Me Free Single – First Listen!
- Kree Harrison – All Cried Out – Audio – First Listen
- Candice Glover – I Am Beautiful – Winners Single – First Listen!
- American Idol 12 The Finale – Recap, Results VIDEO
- Watch the American Idol Live Finale Pre-Show Right Here at 6:30 (UPDATED)