Oh Goodie. Forbes magazine has updated their Top Earning American Idols list. Here’s the latest:
1. Carrie Underwood – 20 million
2. (tie) Adam Lambert and Chris Daughtry – 6 million
4. Fantasia Barrino – 4 million
5. Jordin Sparks – 3 million
6. Kelly Clarkson – 2.5 million
7. Jennifer Hudson – 2 million
8. Kellie Pickler – 1.8 million
9. Clay Aiken – 1.5 million
10. (tie) Katharine McPhee, David Archuleta, David Cook – 1 million
Recent contestants Kris Allen, Lee DeWyze, Crystal Bowersox and Ruben Studdard narrowly missed the list this year.
The top ten money-making Idol alums combined to earn $50 million over the past year alone.
These numbers are based on estimated pretax income earned from May 2010 to May 2011, before subtracting agent and manager fees. The totals were compiled with the help of data from Pollstar, RIAA and others, as well as extensive interviews with industry insiders including managers, concert promoters, publicists, agents and, in some cases, the musicians themselves.
Latest posts by mj santilli (see all)
- American Idol 14 – There Will be a Wildcard! - 03/05/2015
- American Idol 14 Theme Spoiler – The 80s Are Coming! (Report) - 03/04/2015
- Empire Recap Episode 9 – Unto The Breach (VIDEOS) - 03/04/2015