- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- The Glee Project
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- Adam Lambert
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
The MLB announced today that David Cook will take part in the MLB All-Star Game Charity 5K & Fun Run on Sunday July 8 in downtown Kansas City to benefit cancer research and education. He’ll run in the race himself, and will be on hand to to hand out medals and congratulate participants as they cross the finish line.
David’s busy day of activities will be topped off when he joins Haley Reinhart, Chord Overstreet and many others to play in The Taco Bell All-Star Legends & Celebrity Softball Game at Kaufmann Stadium later that night! Whew.
Read the newest press release from MLB below.
American Idol winner and Missouri native David Cook will join Major League Baseball, Hall of Famer George Brett, former Royals Mike Sweeney and Jeff Montgomery, and show his support for cancer research and education at the MLB All-Star Game Charity 5K & Fun Run presented by Nike taking place on Sunday, July 8 in downtown Kansas City’s Power and Light District. Cook, who used to work at the Stadium Club in Kauffman Stadium, will run in the event and will hand out medals and congratulate participants as they cross the finish line. MLB will donate 100% of net proceeds from the event to three charities supporting cancer research and awareness – Prostate Cancer Foundation, Stand Up To Cancer and the Greater Kansas City Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
The 5K, an officially timed event, will begin at 7:30 a.m. CT. Immediately following, at 8:00 a.m. CT, the family-friendly 1-mile Fun Run will begin. All registered finishers will receive a commemorative All-Star medal and t-shirt. The All-Star themed course will take participants through downtown Kansas City, MO featuring appearances by MLB legends, mascots and celebrity guests. Early bird pricing ends July 3. The 5K price is $30 (adult) and $25 (children 12 and under) and $25 (adult) and $20 (children 12 and under) for the Fun Run.
Registration and event information is available at AllStarGame.com/5K. Online registration will end at 5:00 p.m. CT on July 4. On-site registration and race packet pick-up will begin on Thursday, July 5 from Noon – 6:00 p.m. CT at Power and Light, KC Live!. Additional hours for registration and packet pick-up at Power and Light, KC Live! are Friday, July 6 and Saturday, July 7 from 9:00 a.m. CT to 6:00 p.m. CT and Sunday, July 8th beginning at 5:00 a.m. CT.
David Cook, a native of Blue Springs, Missouri, was the Season 7 winner of American Idol. His debut album, David Cook, sold over 1 million copies and entered the Billboard charts at #3 and the Digital charts at #1, making it the best debut from an American Idol winner since 2006. Cook’s coronation single, “The Time of My Life” was certified platinum and is not only the biggest single debut, but the highest selling coronation single in the show’s history. His sophomore album, This Loud Morning, was released in 2011 and was a Billboard Top 10 debut. Most recently, David returned to the American Idol stage to debut a new single, “The Last Song I’ll Write for You” which reached #2 on the iTunes digital charts.
Additional sponsors of the event include Aquafina, Bayer Advanced Aspirin, Gatorade, One A Day and Scotts. The University of Kansas Hospital is the official healthcare provider for the 2012 MLB All-Star Week and will be providing medical and first aid care for this event.
Previous MLB All-Star Game Charity 5K & Fun Run events have been held in St. Louis (2009) and Anaheim (2010). This unique event unites three cancer organizations that are committed to leading the fight against cancer.
For more MLB All-Star Week information, please visit AllStarGame.com, @AllStarGame.
- Powered by Disqus
- Allison Iraheta is Married (Reportedly)
- Jessica Sanchez Performs “Feel This Moment” – Dancing With the Stars (VIDEO)
- The Voice 4 – Top 10 Results, Recap and Videos
- Dancing with the Stars – Season 16 – The Finale! (Night 2- Results)
- So You Think You Can Dance 10- Audition #3- Live Blog and Discussion
- X Factor 3 Judges Panel First Look! (PHOTOS)
- Idol Headlines for 5/21/13 – The Evening Edition
- The Voice 4 – Top 10 – Poll Results, iTunes Rankings and Predictions
- Kellie Pickler And Derek Hough’s Powerful DWTS Freestyle (Videos) (Photos)
- Oklahoma City Tornadoes – How You Can Help
- Monday Ratings: The Voice Hits Season, Series Low, DWTS Down from Fall, Spring Finales
- Idol Headlines for 5/21/13
- Kree Harrison – All Cried Out – Live with Kelly and Michael (VIDEO)
- HDD – Album Sales Prediction : May 13-19
- X Factor Judge, Paulina Rubio Accused of Assaulting a Pap and Stealing His Camera
- Lee DeWyze Announces Album Release Date
- The Voice 4 Top 10 Performance – Take the Polls!
- Dancing with the Stars – Season 16 – The FINALS! (Night 1) – POLLS!
- FOX Announces Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio Join The X Factor Judges Panel
- The Voice 4 Top 10 Performance – Recap and Videos
- Dancing with the Stars – Season 16 – The FINALS! (Night 1)
- Idol Headlines for 5/20/13 – The Evening Edition
- The Voice 4 – Top 10 Song Spoilers
- Vanessa Lengies Leaving Glee After Landing Mixology Role (VIDEO)
- Lauren Alaina – Breakdown – Live at the Grand Ole Opry