- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 13 Recaps
American Idol 7 winner, David Cook introduces his new charity endeavor via You Tube. He’ll be rappelling down the tallest building on the San Diego waterfront on November 2nd, to raise awareness and funds to support city-based brain cancer research. Later that night, he’ll perform at a local club, The Griffin.
Since his Idol win, David has been using his time and celebrity to fight cancer. As most of you know David lost his brother, Adam, to the disease in 2009.
For details, read David’s letter below and watch the video.
As many of you know, I have decided to go Over the Edge for Brain Cancer. On Saturday, November 2nd I will be rappeling down the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego – the tallest building on the San Diego waterfront – to raise awareness and funds to support San Diego-based brain cancer research. For more event details and spectator information please visit: www.otesandiego.org
There are many ways for you to support me in this exciting adventure: http://www.stayclassy.org/davidcook
Donate to my page or register as a team member.
A donation or personal fundraising total at the following levels get you:
$50+ = autographed ‘Thank You’ postcard
$250+ = autographed “I helped David Cook go Over the Edge for Brain Cancer” t-shirt.
$500+ = everything above, plus an autographed ‘edger helmet”
$1,500+ = everything above, plus an “Over the Edge” slot on November 3rd to do the rappel yourself! To help you celebrate at the completion of your rappel, I will be there to meet you at the bottom for a special meet and greet! You will also receive 2 GA tickets to Saturday’s show at The Griffin!
$2,500+ = everything above, plus 2 VIP PASSES to Saturday’s show at The Griffin.
and/or come out and cheer me on, Saturday November 2nd
as I go over the edge!
Every donation makes a difference – whether it’s $5, $10, $20 or $365 in honor of the rappel height. The process is fast, easy, and secure and you will be supporting a great cause! And remember, if you think you have what it takes register as a member of the team and take on the rappel! I will be there to congratulate you at the bottom with a special meet and greet and photo op! (Fundraising minimum to rappel is $1,500)
If you can’t make a donation at this point, please help me reach my goal by sharing this page on Facebook and Twitter! Or, even better, send an e-mail to friends you think might be interested in contributing and include a link to my page! Thanks so much for your generosity and wish me luck as I go Over the Edge for Brain Cancer!
PS – Be sure to get your tickets for one of the shows on Saturday, November 2nd at The Griffin. Click here for tickets.
Tagged with: David Cook
- Powered by Disqus
- The Voice 6 – Sisaundra Lewis – Ain’t No Way – Universal City Walk – VIDEO
- American Idol Live 2014 Tour Dates Announced
- American Idol XIII – Idol Chat with M&M – The Top 7
- Tuesday Ratings: The Voice and Glee Stay Steady
- The Voice 6 Top 12 is Revealed! The Return of the Instasave, Double Elims (PHOTOS)
- Idol Headlines for 4/16/2014
- American Idol 13 Top 7 Song Spoilers
- Idol Sales News – Week Ending 04/13/14
- The Voice 6 – Playoffs #3 – TAKE THE POLLS
- The Voice 6 – The Playoffs #3 – Liveblog and Performance Videos
- Glee Season 5 – Tested – Recap and Performance Videos
- The Voice 6 Playoffs Song Spoilers – Team Usher!
- Carly Rose Soncenclar & Boyce Avenue – Counting Stars/Monster (VIDEO)
- Idol Insider – Didi Benami Performs “Trouble”, Talks New Album (VIDEO)
- The Voice: Melanie Martinez Set to Release Dollhouse EP, Announces Tour Dates
- Glee Spoilers: Season 6 Won’t Be Set in New York City (UPDATED)
- Monday Ratings: The Voice Hits Monday Season Low, DWTS Rises
- Idol Headlines for 4/15/14
- HDD – Album Sales Prediction : Apr 7-13
- RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 6 — Episode 9 – Results, Recap, Video
- Phillip Phillips Debuts “Searchlight” for ET Canada (AUDIO)
- The Voice 6 – Playoffs #2 – TAKE THE POLLS
- The Voice 6 – The Playoffs #2 – Liveblog and Performance Videos
- Dancing With The Stars – Season 18 – Week 5
- Glee Season 5: Which Of Your Favorites are Returning?