- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 13 Recaps
Charice, the Filipino singer who appeared on Glee a couple of years ago has a new manager who is a little miffed that Pinoys have given American Idol runner-up, Jessica Sanchez such a warm welcome. Courtney Blooding shared her doubts about the Filipino-Mexican-American on twitter:
“Ok, I have a legit question. I am not trying to judge or anything, I just want to know.
“Here is the question…why do the Philippines claim Jessica Sanchez? Jessica was born an raised in the US. I don’t THINK she speaks tagalog.
“Which, to me, makes her true American. How many people in the US come from mixed cultural backgrounds? We r a melting pot.
“AND I just read that this concert is her first ever trip to the Philippines….
“Isn’t a Filipino passport kind of a big indication of citizenship and a lack of one a big indication of no citizenship?
“If only the people of the Philippines would stop looking elsewhere and focus on local things, maybe they could see the value of many of the great people and resources there. Many great things and people there. It’s just a group mentality that it’s not good enough.
“It’s kind of a turn off to a foreigner such as myself cuz it can come across as ungrateful for the talent and resources god gave.
Blooding was quick to tell a follower, “It’s not really at Charice’s expense…I mean there is room for everyone an people will love or hate no matter what. But I just think it’s kind of wrong to say Jessica is part of Filipino pride when she is American before anything else.”
Blooding’s ire may stem from her belief that Charice only became recognized in the Philippines after her success in the US.
“And the more I think about it, I start to get insulted on many levels. Ph can’t claim something that is made in USA. And they only wanted to claim Charice after people in the USA put value in her. It’s wrong for both singers. Sorry, I’m just feeling a bit indignant about the situation,”
How do you feel about Blooding’s comments Filipinos? Is her assessment fair?
Tagged with: Jessica Sanchez
- Powered by Disqus
- Americas Got Talent 9 Week 5 Predictions
- X Factor UK Season 11: Press Launch & More
- Survivor: San Juan del Sur Castaways Revealed!
- Lady Gaga Performs With Adam Lambert + Queen in Sydney (VIDEO)
- Idol Headlines for 8/27/14
- Idol Sales News – Week Ending 08/24/14
- FIRST LISTEN: 4 Tracks From The Swon Brothers’s Debut Album, With Guest Vocals By Carrie Underwood!
- Concert Schedule – 8/27/14 – Adam Lambert, Fifth Harmony
- Glee Season 6 Spoilers – Blaine/Karofsky Romance? The Return to Ohio, Time Jump and More
- America’s Got Talent 9 – Semifinals 1 – Liveblog and Discussion (VIDEOS)
- Bachelor in Paradise– Season 1, Episode 5 – Live Blog & Discussion
- X Factor: Simon Cowell Fired Cheryl Cole Because Her Clothes Were Fugly
- Farm Boy Chris Soule Set as the Next Bachelor (POLL)
- Jennifer Lopez “Booty” Iggy Azalea Remix – Full Audio
- Caleb Johnson “Dream On” Studio Version Full Stream Audio
- 2014 Emmys And VMA Ratings Down vs Last Year
- America’s Got Talent 9 – Semifinals 1 – Power Rankings
- Ella Henderson – “Chapter One” – Album Sampler
- HDD – Album Sales Prediction : Aug 18-24
- Idol Headlines for 8/26/14
- Concert Schedule – 8/26/14 – Adam Lambert, Daughtry
- Emmy Awards 2014 Winners List – Live Blog
- Bachelor in Paradise– Season 1, Episode 4 – Live Blog & Discussion
- Emmy Awards 2014 Red Carpet Live Stream (VIDEO)
- American Idol 14 Preview: More from Kansas City! (VIDEO)