- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- The Glee Project
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- Adam Lambert
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
Poor Britney Spears. Sam Lufti, her so-called “manager”, took the stand yesterday in his defamation lawsuit against the X Factor judge’s’ parents. Brits peeps allege that he controlled her emotionally and fed her drugs. Lufti contends that he was trying to get her off of drugs. Lufti, who Brit’s mom called a “svengali”, also believes he’s entitled to part of her massive fortune from the years he claims he acted as her manager. There was no written contract between them.
You can read all about it at Huffington Post. Here’s an excerpt.
Lutfi, wearing a suit and black-rimmed glasses, spoke in a businesslike manner as he described his increasing role as intermediary in the star’s career and private life. He said he broached the subject of her estrangement from her parents and arranged a reunion for Britney and her mother. Jurors were shown a photo of the two women meeting and smiling. He also said he approached her father about a meeting but he declined.
In his lawsuit, Lutfi alleges that Lynne Spears defamed him in her book about her daughter’s darkest days, depicting him as a Svengali-like figure who exploited Britney’s vulnerabilities and gave her drugs to control her.
He denies those allegations and portrays himself as the singer’s protector who managed her career during a time when she was in distress and ultimately hospitalized for mental problems.
According to E News, Lufti claims Britney shaved her head because she was afraid she wouldn’t pass a drug test.
Testifying today in his breach-of-contract and defamation case against the pop star and her parents, Lutfi told the court that Britney infamously shaved her head in February 2007 because she was worried her locks would test positive for drugs.
“She told me she wanted to get clean but she was struggling with it,” Lutfi said. “I told her it was very difficult to kick a drug habit…but I told her she needed to do it. I explained to her that society was not going to tolerate a mother with two kids abusing drugs.”
Uhm. Ok. I can’t imagine Lufti is going to win this case. Britney didn’t get her life together until after her father filed a restraining order against Lufti, who has a history of being abusive and weird and a fame whore.
Britney isn’t in court, and I would imagine her team is keeping this stuff away from her. I bet they don’t let her on the internet, ever, which would probably be for the best.
Tagged with: Britney Spears
- Powered by Disqus
- Adam Lambert – Mad World – Chinese Idol (VIDEO)
- Idol Headlines for 5/19/13
- Saturday Night 2013 Season Finale – Kanye West – VIDEO (UPDATED)
- Eurovision 2013: Grand Final
- Danny Gokey Announces Deal with BMG Records
- Idol Headlines for 5/18/2013
- Simon Cowell Twitter Riot: Will Announce X Factor Panel on Monday (Plus Other Random Topics)
- Eurovision 2013 – Ozzyd’s Power List
- Candice Glover Speaks to the Press (VIDEOS)
- Candice Glover – I Am Beautiful – The Tonight Show (Video)
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing X Factor Deal (Report)
- Kree Harrison Speaks With Reporters (VIDEOS)
- NBC Announces All Six Coaches Will Return To The Voice
- Idol Headlines for 5/17/13
- Thursday Ratings: American Idol Finale Down 44% Compared to Last Year
- American Idol Runner Up Kree Harrison to Make Her Opry Debut June 4
- Billboard – Chart Date 05/25/13
- Candice Glover, Jennifer Hudson American Idol Duet Angers Natalie Cole
- American Idol 13 Spoiler: The Top 20 Can Audition Again
- Kris Allen To Undergo Surgery on Monday
- Candice Glover Wins American Idol 12 – Red Carpet, Finale PHOTOS
- Candice Glover Debut Album “Music Speaks” to be Released July 16
- Angie Miller – You Set Me Free Single – First Listen!
- Kree Harrison – All Cried Out – Audio – First Listen
- Candice Glover – I Am Beautiful – Winners Single – First Listen!