- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- The Glee Project
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- Adam Lambert
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
Another night of hits and misses from America’s Got Talent. The best acts were the Aurora Light Painters, Eric and Olivia, Eric Dittleman and in a I-wonder-what-he’ll-sing-next way, Andrew De Leon. Actually, tonight’s show overall was way more entertaining than last night’s show.
Aurora Light Painters – They love Austin! I think they’re hippies. The light is their brushes, the air their canvas. Definitely hippies! The act doesn’t translate that well to TV, but the technology involves drawing cute pictures on a screen that incorporates live actors. I imagine it’s kinda awesome in person. The judges really liked this act–felt it was original. Howard says he never saw anything like it before. Howie says it takes what acts like Team Iluminate did to another level. Sharon calls it “spectacular”. 3 yeses.
A montage of weird and wildly unsuccessful acts follow.
Doppelganger Circus Side Show – And one more act I’m NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO WATCH. Wait…OK. That was pretty stupid. The girl stuck a big red apple in her mouth, her partner pulls out a chain saw and cuts a big H in it. That’s the act. And then the girl claims she has lock jaw. She can’t close her mouth? I can’t figure out if it’s part of the act or not. Wow. Totally lame. 3 nos.
More terrible acts– A very out of tune girl group, singing and dancing puppets, Tubby the Entertainer dances in leopard skin shorts (will never get that image out of my brain).
Eric and Olivia – “Moves Like Jagger” – This is White Guy With Guitar…and his chick! Olivia is an Adele knock off, but their cover of “Moves Like Jagger” is pretty jazzy! Nice arrangement Eric likely has a crush on the lovely Olivia, but she ain’t reciprocating. Oh oh….they’re like Haley Reinhart and Casey Abrams, aren’t they? Heh Howard thinks the duo are original and just broke through. He loved the arrangement. Howie disagrees. He finds the arrangement loungey and small–not a million dollar act. Sharon compares her to Amy Winehouse and Adele. Howie thinks it’s too jazzy. Not big enough. He says no. Howard and Sharon say yes. 2 yeses, one no.
Richard Grossman – Opera singer…or something. His “opera” singing consists mostly of bellowing. He’s buzzed almost immediately. Howie tells him that he’s a little off. Howard calls it a disaster, at which point Richard becomes very defensive. He tells Howard that he’s rude. Sharon calls it “shouty” which is very kind. 3 nos.
Eric Dittleman – Mind reader – Nick blindfolds the guy with coins and duct tape over his eyes. The judges will draw pictures. Eric warns that pornographic drawings are easy to guess. Nick holds the drawings above Eric’s head. He guesses who drew the picture and what they drew. It’s a pretty good magic trick. The judges are really impressed. 3 yeses.
Successful acts including an aerial dance piece, a girl with a guitar singing “Moon River” and a B Boy dancer.
Andrew De Leon – Goth guy was a lonely boy. Aw. He claims that he is singing in front of people for the first time ever. He’s wearing bright blue contacts that make his eyes look super creepy. So he’s not going to sing punk or goth music like you’d expect, he performs opera, but in a female range–kinda like Prince Poppycock from a few seasons ago. Prince was a better performer. The judges give Andrew a standing ovation while he tears up. He says he’s really used to being rejected…it’s amazing. His parents are in the audience. They haven’t heard him sing either. Howie tells him he’s great. The audience explodes. 3 yeses.
- Powered by Disqus
- DWTS Stars Perform on Live with Kelly and Michael (VIDEO)
- Lauren Alaina Performs at Sea World Orlando (VIDEO)
- Reality Chief, Mike Darnell Leaving FOX in June
- Blake Shelton Oklahoma Relief Benefit Concert to Air Live on NBC May 29
- 2012 Season Ratings: The Voice Beats American Idol in the Demo
- Mariah Carey GMA Wardrobe Malfunction (VIDEO)
- Jennifer Hudson Negotiating to Judge American Idol (UPDATED)
- Idol Headlines for 5/25/13
- Billboard – Chart Date 06/01/13
- Carrie Underwood Donates $1 Million In Tour Proceeds To Red Cross Disaster Relief Efforts
- Simon Cowell: “I’m Bored By Millionaires Bickering Amongst Themselves”
- American Idol 11 Alums, Elise Testone and Deandre Brackensick Get Ready to Release New Music
- Kelly Clarkson Won’t Be Judging American Idol 13
- Ratings: 2012 Season Saw Major Year to Year Declines
- Idol Headlines for 5/23/13
- Glee Star Lea Michele Signs a Book Deal
- DWTS Zendaya and Val Perform “Hip Hop Malfunction” on Live with Kelly and Michael (VIDEO)
- York Couple Arrested After Stabbing Incident Over American Idol Finale
- X Factor UK: Lucy Spraggan Debuts “Lighthouse”
- Idols In Concert – Stats – 05/23/13
- ‘Nashville’ Episode 21 – Season Finale – Recap & Discussion Post (VIDEO)
- Idol Headlines for 5/22/13 – The Evening Edition
- Maroon 5 “Love Somebody” Music Video Debut
- Dancing With The Stars To Undergo Shakeup, Including New Judges (Report)
- Critics’ Choice Television Awards Nominations Announced