The American Idol finals begin tonight at 8/7c pm on FOX and for the first time ever, American Idol viewers can begin voting AT THE TOP OF THE SHOW.
That’s right, according to American Idol, another “exciting” element begins as viewers at home will have five ways to vote for their favorite singer. This week, as the Top 13 take the stage, fans will be able to vote, via Google Search by searching for IDOL-related terms.
Fans will be able to vote immediately after their favorites perform. After casting their votes, fans will have the opportunity to sharetheir votes on Google+, follow contestants, join community conversations or participate in Google Hangouts about the show. Viewers can also vote online at AmericanIdol.com; via the AMERICAN IDOL App; via text messaging; and via toll-free calling.
Here are all 5 voting methods explained, from the American Idol Voting FAQ
(1) SuperVoteTM at www.americanidol.com/vote: If you have a valid Facebook account, you can vote online at www.americanidol.com/vote or at the AMERICAN IDOL XIII Facebook page www.facebook.com/AmericanIdol. If you do not already have a Facebook account, you will need to create one before being able to vote online. Viewers will be able to submit up to 50 votes per contestant per valid Facebook account ID per Voting Show (this limit is combined with SuperVoteTM via the AMERICAN IDOL XIII App).
(2) SuperVoteTM via the AMERICAN IDOL XIII App: If you have a compatible Android or iOS device (tablet or handheld for iOS, handheld for Android), then you can vote via the AMERICAN IDOL XIII App. Here is how:
(a) Download the App from the App StoreSM or Google PlayTM Store. Data rates may apply for App download.
(b) Follow the voting instructions found within the App. To vote via the App, you will need to sign into a valid Facebook account when prompted. If you do not already have a Facebook account, you will need to create one before being able to vote. Viewers will be able to submit up to 50 votes per contestant per valid Facebook account ID per Voting Show (this limit is combined with SuperVoteTM via www.americanidol.com/vote).
(3) Vote on Google Search: If you have a valid Google account, you can vote via Google Search starting on Wednesday, February 26th, when the final contestants (“Finalists”) first perform. Simply go to Google, search “American Idol” or “Idol.” This search will prompt the Google Voting Module to appear with the images of the Finalists. Before being able to vote, you must first log in to the module with a valid Google account. If you do not already have a Google account, you will need to create one before being able to vote using Google Search. Once successfully logged in, you may select the Finalist(s) you wish to vote for and submit no more than 50 votes per Finalist per Google account ID per Voting Show.
(4) Text Voting: When voting begins for all the contestants, they will each be assigned a text message “keyword” number which will appear on screen during the Voting Show each week alongside the short code 83676. However, starting on Wednesday, February 26th, the keyword for each Finalist will remain the same for the remainder of the season. Text Voting in AMERICAN IDOL XIII is open to all participating wireless cell phone service providers; for a complete list see Text Voting Terms and Conditions. Customers of participating wireless service providers may text the keyword number relating to the contestant of choice, and send it to the 5 digit short code 83676 (e.g. Text 1 to 83676 or Text 2 to 83676). Text Voting is limited to 50 votes per contestant per originating phone number, per Voting Show. The Text Voting Terms and Conditions can be found at www.americanidol.com/mobileterms. Data or message rates may apply.
(5) Toll-free Voting: When voting begins for all the contestants, they will each be assigned a toll-free number during the Voting Show each week. Starting on Wednesday, February 26th, when the Finalists first perform, each Finalist will be assigned a toll-free number which they will keep for the remainder of the season. To vote, simply watch AMERICAN IDOL XIII on FOX each week (see local listings for dates/times in your area) and dial the toll-free telephone number of the contestant(s) for whom you wish to vote. Toll-free Voting is limited to 50 votes per contestant per originating phone number, per Voting Show. Any votes above 50 per contestant will not count even though you will continue to hear the ‘thanks for voting’ message.
Latest posts by mj santilli (see all)
- Concert Schedule for 6/30/15 - 06/30/2015
- Angie Miller Releases “Simple” Music Video - 06/30/2015
- Adam Lambert Disses Kanye West’s Bohemian Rhapsody Trainwreck (VIDEO) - 06/30/2015