- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
In a phone call with reporters to discuss the company’s quarterly earnings, Michael Ferrel, CEO of Idol owner, CKX, said that American Idol will refocus on strong talent this coming season.
“We want to refocus ‘Idol’ on its talent,” Ferrel told analysts on the company’s quarterly earnings call. He highlighted that Idol’s ratings declined strongly in the 18-49 demo by the end of last season.
Ferrel said that Nigel Lythgoe’s return as executive producer, and the new deal with Universal Music Group will better position this coming season to succeed.like.
CKX management also said that talks with potential “Idol” judges and with possible acquirers of CKX will continue.
Ferrel suggested that an announcement of Idol judges is likely to come no later than mid-September.
Last we heard, the announcement was to be made no later than Sept. 1. A late announcement will push the judges’ round of auditions into October. Which actually, is not unprecedented.
I just hope TBTB are serious about refocusing the show on the talent. Hopefully, when Nigel Lythgoe returns to the show this week, he’ll keep everyone on task.
CKX’s six month results showed revenue fell to US$156.1m, with the company attributing the loss to the ending of licensing agreements and overestimation Idol profits. Revenues at 19 Entertainment also fell by US$200,000.
However, CKX’s second-quarter results showed recovery, with revenue up 12% on the same period in 2009 at US$89.4m.
- Powered by Disqus
- Adam Shankman Checks Into Rehab
- The Voice 5 Top 5 – Take the Polls!
- The Sing-Off 4 – The Premiere! Recap and VIDEOS
- The Voice 5 – Top Five Semi Final Performance – Recap, VIDEOS
- Colton Dixon – Jingle Bells – K Love Music City Christmas (VIDEO)
- Idol Headlines for 12/9/13 – The Evening Edition
- Lea Michele Reveals “Louder” Album Cover Art, Track List, “Cannonball” Preview (AUDIO) (PHOTO)
- The Voice 5 – Top 5 Song Spoilers!
- Jordin Sparks – This Is My Wish – Holiday Video
- The Swon Brothers – New Song – “Later On” (Audio Clip & Cover Art)!
- The Voice 5 Top 5 Power List
- The Sing-Off 4 Returns Tonight With Format Changes
- Lauren Alaina – Grown Up Christmas List – (AUDIO)
- Idol Headlines for 12/9/13
- Glee Cast Performs “Smile” – Trevor Live (VIDEO)
- Adam Lambert – Whaddaya Want From Me – Trevor Live (VIDEO)
- Monday Morning Mediabase Update: Dec 2-8
- X Factor UK Season 10: Grand Final – Spoilers
- The Amazing Race Season 23 Finale Discussion and Recap (UPDATED)
- Trevor Live Red Carpet Live Stream!
- X Factor UK Season 10: Beyonce vs. Elton John Week – The Results
- X Factor UK Headlines for 12/08/13
- Idol Headlines for 12/8/13
- Susan Boyle Diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome
- Survivor: Blood Vs. Water and The Amazing Race Thoughts and Other Things (With Videos and Polls)