- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- The Glee Project
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- Adam Lambert
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
And the winner of the American Idol Top 10 guys poll is (Seacrest Pause) PAUL JOLLEY! And I couldn’t be any less surprised. Paul is good looking, sensitive, HAS MET CARRIE UNDERWOOD (smart name dropping there) and has a pleasing voice. I agreed with Keith Urban. Paul’s performance of “Just a Fool” would have been improved with some restraint on the choruses. But he really didn’t have much vocal competition last night. He’s easily though to the finals. Paul earned 22.6% of the vote.
In second place is Devin Velez. Also not a shock. He delivered one of the better vocals of the night, even if the song choice was super old-fashioned. He scored 18.75% of the vote. I’m pretty confident he’s a lock for the finals as well.
In third place is Burnell Taylor, who is a wonderful singer. I really hope he diversifies his song choices in the next couple of weeks. I don’t think he’ll have trouble advancing to the next round. He earned 18.63% of the vote.
I predict that Paul Jolley, Devin Velez and Burnell Taylor will make it to the finals. Lazaro Arbos didn’t score high on our poll, but I think there is no denying his popularity. He came in 5th place with 8.2% of the vote, but I think he’s going to advance easily.
So, who will take that last spot?
Curtis Finch Jr. delivered an expert performance that earned high praise from the judges, but I’m not convinced he’s connecting with America.
Nick Boddington and his piano playing ways could wind up being a dark horse. He came in 4th in our poll, with 12,96% of the vote.
Vincent Powell has a slim chance. He botched his performance last night, but he did have the pimp spot. He came in dead last in our poll with 1% of the vote. Ouch.
Elijah Liu and Cortez Shaw are fodder. Stick a fork in them…
That leaves the young Charlie Askew. The judges turning on him last night led to a groundswell of support for the troubled singer. It’s totally plausible that he could squeak into the finals via pity votes. I hope that doesn’t happen. Charlie needs to go home to his family. He doesn’t have the vocal chops or emotional stability to compete on Idol. Enough is enough.
It’s pretty certain there will be a few wildcards tonight, but I think they will be reserved for the girls. If there are three, the judges might toss one to a dude. In particular, if America rejects Curtis Finch Jr., I think the judges would see that as a mistake that needs to be rectified…
What do you think? Who will make it into the finals?
American Idol has some fun stuff:
Charlie Askew’s Reaction
American Idol Top 10 Guys – RECAP
- Powered by Disqus
- Jennifer Hudson Negotiating to Judge American Idol (UPDATED)
- Idol Headlines for 5/25/13
- Billboard – Chart Date 06/01/13
- Carrie Underwood Donates $1 Million In Tour Proceeds To Red Cross Disaster Relief Efforts
- Simon Cowell: “I’m Bored By Millionaires Bickering Amongst Themselves”
- American Idol 11 Alums, Elise Testone and Deandre Brackensick Get Ready to Release New Music
- Kelly Clarkson Won’t Be Judging American Idol 13
- Ratings: 2012 Season Saw Major Year to Year Declines
- Idol Headlines for 5/23/13
- Glee Star Lea Michele Signs a Book Deal
- DWTS Zendaya and Val Perform “Hip Hop Malfunction” on Live with Kelly and Michael (VIDEO)
- York Couple Arrested After Stabbing Incident Over American Idol Finale
- X Factor UK: Lucy Spraggan Debuts “Lighthouse”
- Idols In Concert – Stats – 05/23/13
- ‘Nashville’ Episode 21 – Season Finale – Recap & Discussion Post (VIDEO)
- Idol Headlines for 5/22/13 – The Evening Edition
- Maroon 5 “Love Somebody” Music Video Debut
- Dancing With The Stars To Undergo Shakeup, Including New Judges (Report)
- Critics’ Choice Television Awards Nominations Announced
- X Factor UK: Judges Confirmed, Double Auditions
- First Wave of Teen Choice Nominations Announced
- Tuesday Ratings: DWTS Finale Lowest in History, The Voice Hits Tuesday Season Low
- Idol Headlines for 5/22/13
- FOX Considering Filling American Idol 13 Judges Panel With Alums (REPORT) (UPDATED)
- Angie Miller – You Set Me Free – Live! With Kelly and Michael – VIDEO