I’ve got some HOT NEW spoilers from The American Idol 12 judge’s round in New York City. The round finished up today. Next stop is Chicago, IL at the beginning of next week. And get this–I hear that Randy Jackson, Keith Urban, Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj will not head to the judges round in Los Angeles until November!
And that’s not all….
The Hollywood Round is set for December. And get this! AMERICAN IDOL 12 MAY NOT BEGIN UNTIL MID FEBRUARY.
My guess is that the producers DON’T want to edit the audition episodes until the Top 24 is chosen. Remember back in Season 9, the Top 24 was chosen AFTER the audition episodes began, which prevented the producers from focusing on the contenders who made the cut. But that’s just me speculating. The mid-February start date is NOT set in stone.
New York City 2nd day audition tally – 11 girls and 6 boys made it through to the Hollywood Rounds.
- 2 WGWG auditioned. Neither got through.
- Producers shot a lot around an African American woman with a young child, but she did not get through.
- Five to six of the guys to get through to Hollywood were African Amercian (soul/gospel). Leaving Only ONE white guy got through!
The consensus on the judges:
Randy Jackson is leading the panel during the auditions. He queues the other judges to respond. “What did you think Mariah?”
Keith Urban is very down to earth. He talks to the contestants he’s like sitting on his front porch.
Mariah Carey is quiet. Pithy, but brings a lot of insight to the panel. Many of the hopefuls are in awe of her.
Nicki Minaj is the most colorful and talkative of the judges. She has insight, but her presentation is quirky and offbeat. She makes hilarious faces.
There are no meanies on the panel. When they say “no” they do it in a nice way.
Also. There is definitely tension between Mariah and Nicki. They aren’t at each other’s throats, but their exchanges are catty. They argued over two contestants today.
Latest posts by mj santilli (see all)
- Jon Rudnitsky Joins Saturday Night Live (VIDEO) - 08/31/2015
- Big Brother 17 Spoilers Week 10 – POV Ceremony Results - 08/31/2015
- Katie Stevens and Todrick Hall Share Mondays on MTV (VIDEO) - 08/31/2015