So, the question I posed in last night’s Idol recap, wondering how the American Idol 12 Hollywood Rounds would be edited, has been answered. It looks like the boys and the girls are going to be separated until the finals begin in March!
Check out the latest press release from Idol
Whether auditioners received a unanimous “yes” from Mariah, Randy, Nicki and Keith or had the judges battling over their fates, it’s a clean slate in Hollywood for the lucky contestants who are one step closer to becoming the next AMERICAN IDOL. For the first time in the “Hollywood Rounds,” it’s guys vs. guys and girls vs. girls, as they compete for a spot in the coveted Top 40 Semifinalists.
The “Hollywood Rounds” will be the toughest audition yet, but for some contestants, it will be a life-changing opportunity; for others, the end of the road. First, they will face the judges and sing a cappella, trusting only in their talent to make it another day. Those that survive will then join forces with one another – trusting in friends and, possibly, foes – for the heart-pounding, sleep-deprived group day. Those who stand out will move on to the solo day, giving the remaining contestants one more chance to impress the judges and make the Top 40.
- Guys compete on Wednesday, Feb. 6 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) and Thursday, Feb. 7 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT).
- Girls compete on Wednesday, Feb. 13 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) and Thursday, Feb. 14 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT),
After the guys and girls compete in Hollywood, only the Top 40 semifinalists – 20 guys and 20 girls – will remain.
FOX sent out this info on January 8th, Don’t kill me if Nigel changes his mind. But I suspect the gender split will be kept intact.
SEMIFINALIST ROUNDS – PHASE ONE: LAS VEGAS
- Wednesday, Feb. 20 First Group of 10 Male Singers Perform
- Thursday, Feb. 21 First Group of 10 Female Singers Perform
- Wednesday, Feb. 27 Second Group of 10 Male Singers Perform
- Thursday, Feb. 28 Second Group of 10 Female Singers Perform
SEMIFINALIST ROUNDS – PHASE TWO: AMERICA VOTES
- Tuesday, March 5 Top 10 Male Semifinalists Perform LIVE
- Wednesday, March 6 Top 10 Female Semifinalists Perform LIVE
- Thursday, March 7 LIVE Results Show; Top 10 Finalists Revealed
Interviews with all of the contestants are available at www.americanidol.com.
Latest posts by mj santilli (see all)
- Concert Schedule: Adam Lambert, Fantasia - 02/12/2016
- American Idol’s Nick Fradiani Teases First Single “Get You Home” (VIDEO) - 02/12/2016
- Headlines: The Amazing Race Premieres Tonight - 02/12/2016