We’re going to party like it’s 2003, ya’ll! American Idol brought us back to the good old early days–or maybe just “old” depending on where you stand–of American Idol. It’s the battle of the big voiced girls, y’all. And we had our own little competittion going on right here in our polls. Click to check out the full results.
American Idol has put up new interviews on You Tube.
Which were your favorite performances from last night?
1. Coming in 1st is country singer, and Keith Urban fav, Kree Harrison, with her deeply felt performance of “Up To The Mountain.” Kree captured 36.45% of the vote.
2. Coming in at #2 is Alaskan Adriano Latonio with 23.48% of the vote! I was not expecting that. She impressed the judges with her soulful version of “Ain’t No Way.”
3. In third place is the gal I expected to take 2nd. Angela Miller’s cover of JesseJ’s “Nobody’s Perfect” was a bit of a letdown for the judges, who couldn’t let go of the original song she performed in Hollywood. Perhaps that’s why she’s dropped from 1st place last week, to 3rd this week. Hopefully, Angela won’t turn into a one-hit-wonder a la Season 9’s Andrew Garcia and his Hollywood Paula Abdul cover.
4. Newcomer, Amber Holcomb and her beautifully-phrased version of “My Funny Valentine” came in 4th with 15.3% of the vote. She’s a dark horse!
The rest represented a miniscule amount of the votes.
The Favorite judge poll surprised me a lot. Mariah Carey came in FIRST, ahead of Keith Urban (whom I expected to win) and then Nicki Minaj. The Super Bass singer is so polarizing, maybe her haters were in an “anybody but” mood. Sweetheart, Keith, is #2, but not that far behind Mariah (I suspect her lambs were on internet prowl last night). Poor Randy is a very very distant 4th.
1. Mariah Carey – 38.15%
2. Keith Urban – 35.94%
3. Nicki Minaj – 24.88%
4. Randy Jackason – 1.03% (OMG)
And finally, the eliminated contestant you felt was robbed? Isabelle, overwhelmingly, with 57.55% of the vote. Shubba Vedula came in at second with 34.77% of the vote.
Latest posts by mj santilli (see all)