Scotty McCreery remains at the top of this week’s power list. At this point, I think the competition is his to lose. Maybe Idol audiences will grow tired of his Josh Turner knock-offs, and eliminate him early. But the kid has an enormous likability factor going, so I’m not sure it matters if he branches out at this point.
How would you rank the Idols this week? Post your list in comments!
Power list after the JUMP…
- Scotty McCreery – I’ve got to remember to switch my overall pick in the Idol pool to Scotty. I think he’s the leader of the pack right now. I can’t think of who, in this bunch, will be able to overtake him at this point. Scotty is sure of who he is and exudes confidence on stage. Those two qualities are going to keep him on top.
- James Durbin – I get the sense that southern/country voters are more dedicated, but James’ performances are generally crowd pleasing. The judges love him too. I think we’ve got our Top 2 right here.
- Lauren Alaina – I bet the producers would love an all-teen all-county male/female finale. But I doubt that will happen. First, there’s a matter of vote splitting. There’s never been a Top 2 made up of contestants from the same genre. But the time contestants make it to the top, vote splitting knocks winnows the field down to an eclectic group. Lauren’s performances have revealed a lack of confidence, and tentativeness that will cut short her run to the top. Oh, and there’s that matter of having….A VAGINA. At this point, I can’t see her placing higher than 3.
- Casey Abrams – Casey has found his niche. Mr. upright bass jazz guy Revolutionary! Well, not really, but it seems to be working for him. He’s got a good chance to end in the Top 5
- Haley Reinhart – Haley’s “Call Me” last week was lackluster, but she totally redeemed herself the next night, even upstaging Mr. Revolutionary Jazzman himself, Casey Abrams when they duetted on Charles Mingus’ “Moanin'”. Haley’s star is rising.
- Jacob Lusk – If Jacob sings well this week he could be sticking around. He could even outlast some of the others. But if he goes back to lecturing America and/0r over singing, he’s toast.
- Stefano Langone – Unless Stefano has an incredible week this week, I think his number will be up this week. If he performs 1st or 2nd? He’s toast.
Latest posts by mj santilli (see all)