I’ve had Jacob Lusk last on my power list two weeks in a row, yet he’s still around. Pia Toscano was 1st the week she was eliminated. What do I know? Obviously not much. Will that stop me from posting a power list this week? HELLS NO. Here it is. No doubt, you fine commenters will bring your own smarts and wisdom to the discussion. At this point, I’m only here to facilitate. CARRY ON.
- James Durbin – I’m giving James a tiny edge this week, considering he performed really well last week AND WAS DECLARED THE WINNER BY RANDY. Actually, that could be the kiss of death. Nevertheless, Mr. Metal Boy, who will soon be learning aaaallll about the HAC format, has a good chance to take it all.
- Scotty McCreery – Scotty had a great performance last week too. James has a slight edge at the moment, but I would not count out Scotty. While we aren’t quite sure what James is about. Is he the second coming of metal? Or could he be a pop rock guy? We have no doubt whatsoever what Scotty is about. He’s a country boy, and he knows it. And so do those southern country fans who love to vote for their favs.
- Lauren Alaina – Lauren is getting a ton of support from the producers. She needs, it, because she totally lacks confidence. If they weren’t treating her so well–say if Haley was their favorite girl instead–she’d be last instead. I don’t think she’ll place higher than 3rd. Possibly she could squeak by Scotty to compete against James. But, like I’ve said before, vote splitting will keep an all-teen, all-country final from happening between Lauren and Scotty.
- Jacob Lusk – Jacob has people. I think he could hang another week, particularly if he sings well on Wednesday.
- Haley Reinhart – Haley has fought her way through the competition, but I don’t get the sense the producers care about her. She could go out this week if she isn’t at her absolute best. She’s got to knock it out of the park this week to stay alive in the competition.