I got a few post-boot Alexis Grace interviews for ya:
Interview with Ryan Seacrest this morning. Alexis teared up during a heartfelt talk with Michael Sarver during the break. Ryan replayed Simon telling Alexis that she wasn’t “good enough.” (bet she loved hearing that again) She said she thinks Simon was just being, “really honest.” While she managed to keep her composure during the broadcast, she said she was “bawling” later. She’s glad that the judges brought out her “dirty” side.
Also, Megan Joy was quarantined while she had the flu. She had a room next to the kitchen.
Quotes from this afternoon’s press conference:
- Would the judges have saved her if sheÃƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã¢â€ž ¢d been allowed to sing a song other than Jolene, “Probably (LAUGHS) I’m gonna be honest, I think it could have, I think if I sang the first song that I sant, ‘Never Loved a Man’ that maybe I would still be there. I dunno. I think that ‘Jolene’ is a beautiful song and I love to sing it; I don’t think it was their favorite performance. So I didn’t really get to show them and remind them again why they picked me.”
- She knew she was in the bottom 3, “Knew it before we even got there, I knew the night of the show that I would be in the bottom 3. I just knew it. I had a feeling from what the judges said, and y’know just the way the night went. I had a feeling.”
- She didn’t get a farewell dinner, “Y’know, they were really busy last night. There was a lot going on, and there wasn’t one.”
- About letting her state down by botching country music, “I feel kinda like I let my state down, y’know? I’m from the south and we’re supposed to country well and I think I do sing country pretty good, so it was a disappointment, y’know, I kinda let ‘em down a little bit, but I can redeem myself.”
- Was she disconcerted/upset when Randy forgot her name?, “Yeah, a little bit, but I think maybe that’s just his personality maybe? Maybe not because I’m forgettable. Hopefully not, but yeah, I did make a face when he said ‘Allison’. I was like ‘Hmmm.’ It’s Alexis.”
- She’s closest to Matt Giraud and Megan Joy. Why Megan? “We’re pretty much like the same. We both have like kids the same age, she has a boy, I have a girl and we always joked about how, on tour, our song and daughter would be boyfriend and girlfriend.”
After the jump, an interview with Fox Boston. Carrie Underwood’s “Last Name” was on Alexis’s short list of songs to sing this week. Alexis is a little bummed about missing the tour.
Video after the JUMP…
Latest posts by mj santilli (see all)
- Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Steven Tyler Spoof Deflategate (VIDEO) - 01/30/2015
- Concert Schedule for 1/30/15 - 01/30/2015
- American Idol 14 Season Schedule (UPDATED 1/30/15) - 01/30/2015