DJ Byron Cooke came out of an “Exclusive Listening Party” where he listened to six Adam Lambert tracks from the forthcoming album Trespassing (out on March 20).
He reviews the tracks at his blog. Click this link for his full review. I summarize his thoughts below.
Cooke’s heard the tunes in rough mix form, so his descriptions of the intrumentals may not apply once the album is released in it’s final form.
1. Trespassing by Adam Lambert & Pharrell Williams – Compares it to Queen really likes the guitar hook.
2. Cookoo by Ollie Gee, Bonnie McGee & Adam Lambert – a party jam, by Katy Perry co-writer.
3. Broken English by Adam Lambert and Lester Mendez – A beautiful love song “which might just possibly be autobiographical. ‘I know you will understand I gotta tell you somehow’.”
4. Underneath – By Tom Shapiro/Catt Gravitt/Josh Kear/Robert Marvin – “Definitely from Adam’s Dark side” (Listen to the demo HERE)
5. Kickin in by Pharrell – A “club banger” and a hit
6. Chokehold – Cooke didn’t hear it, but says Adam described it as “90’s Depeche Mode”
Also there is: