Update: The King’s Speech wins 4 awards, including, Original Screenplay, Best Actor, Best Director and Best Picture.
Inception wins 4 technical awards, including Cinematography, Sound Mixing, Sound Editing and Visual Effects.
The Fighter picked Supporting Actor and Actress awards.
See the rest of the winners after the jump.
The 83rd Annual Academy Awards begin at 8 pm ET. Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson will be presenting song of the year tonight (look how pretty!)
I’ll be live-blogging the winners here. The red carpet is happening now on E! TV and MTV.com
Plus, for fun, we’re playing in a Oscars Pool which you can sign up for before 8 ET HERE. I’ll announce the winners after the broadcast.
Live Blog, Photos and Video after the JUMP…
- Opening has hosts Anne Hathaway and James Franco CGI’d into the nominated films. Funny. Alec Baldwin makes an appearance!
- James Franco’s grandma “I just saw Marky Mark!”
- Films from year’s past are woven into the presentations. It’s a little awkward. But it’s better than inane patter.
- Tom Hanks presents Best Art Direction to Alice in Wonderland.
- Best Cinematography goes to Wally Pfister for Inception
- Here comes Kirk Douglas. Wow. Going for the one liners with the stroke-affected speech impediment. Yikes. He’s presenting Best Supporting Actress. But…good for him?
- Best Supporting Actress goes to Melissa Leo for The Fighter
- Melissa Leo tries to pick up Kirk Douglas. Alrighty. Melissa is so nervous, she’s having a mini-meltdown. Oops. She just got bleeped.
- Mila Kunis and Justin Timberlake take the stage. Justin: “I’m Banksy” lulz.
- Best Animated Short Film goes to The Lost Thing
- Best Animated Feature Film goes to Toy Story 3
- Let’s look back to the very first Academy Awards ever.
- Javier Bardem and Josh Brolin take the stage to talk about the very first Oscars.
- Best Adapted Screenplay goes to Aaron Sorkin for The Social Network
- Best Original Screenplay goes to David Seidler for The King’s Speech
- Anne Hathaway sings an anti-ode to Hugh Jackman! Now, James Franco in drag. Wack! I don’t really like him as a blond.
- Russel Brand and Helen Mirren take the the stage. Helen looks AMAZING.
- Best Foreign Language film goes to Denmark – In A Better World
- Reese Witherspoon Presents Best Supporting Actor. Nice Ponytail!
- Best Supporting Actor goes to Christian Bale for The Fighter
- Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman on the history of music in the movies. Aussies for the WIN! An orchestra appears, playing several well-loved themes.
- Best Original Score goes to Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross for The Social Network
- “Is this really happening?” says Trent. Who woulda thunk, eh?
- Scarlett Johansson and Matthew McConaughey take the stage! I like Scarlett’s dress even if the E! crew didn’t.
- Best Sound Mixing goes to Inception
- Best Sound Editing goes to Inception
- Marisa Tomei takes the stage to introduce highlights from the scientific and technical awards. “Congratulations nerds,” says James.
- Cate Blanchette takes the stage to talk about the crazy makeup of Lord of the Rings.
- Best Makeup goes to The Wolfman
- Best Costume Design goes to Alice in Wonderland
- Oh look. There’s President Obama. His favorite movie theme is “As Time Goes By.”
- Kevin Spacey “Good evening, I’m George Clooney” after he sings “Top Hat”. He introduces the performances for Best Song.
- Randy Newman sings “We Belong Together” the theme from Toy Story 3
- Mandy Moore and some dude sing “I See the Light” from Tangled
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal take the stage to discuss short film. Jake seems to be having a problem reading the teleprompter.
- Best Documentary Short Subject goes to Strangers No More
- Best Live Action Short Film goes to God of Love
- “Doesn’t he Own a Shirt” by Edward Cullen. LULZ.
- Oprah!!! takes the stage. She’ll present best documentary.
- Best Documentary Feature goes to Inside Job
- Whoo. The Oscars get political! One of the producers of Inside Job laments that no financial officers went to jail after the economic meltdown.
- Many-time Oscar host, Billy Crystal takes the stage. Standing O! The 1st televised Oscars were in 1953, hosted by Bob Hope. He hosted 18 times. Funny Bob Hope anecdotes before a montage of Hope on the Oscars.
- Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law present Visual Affects (after being introduced by Bob Hope via the magic of technology). Poking fun at Robert’s drug past? Hm.
- Best Visual Affects goes to Inception
- Best Film Editing editing goes to The Social Network
- James Franco is offended by some of the movie titles.
- Jennifer Hudson takes the stage!!!
- Florence Welch and A.R. Rahman sing “If I Rise” from 127 Hours
- Gwyneth Paltrow sings “Coming Home” from Country Strong
- Best Original Song goes to Randy Newman for “We Belong Together” from Toy Story 3.
- I <3 Randy Newman. That is all.
- Celine Dion sings “Smile”. It’s time for “In Memorium”. Halle Berry pays tribute to Lena Horne. She introduces a clip on Lena singing “Stormy Weather”.
- Cory Haim. Scorned.
- Hilary Swank takes the stage to introduce Kathryn Bigelow who will present Best Director.
- Best Director goes to Tom Hooper for The King’s Speech
- Tom Hooper’s mum found “The King’s Speech” at a play reading “Always listen to your mum.”
- Annette Benning takes the stage to present clips of the Governor’s awards. Francis Ford Coppola, Eli Wallach and Kevin Brownlow were winners and take the stage for applause.
- Oscar winner Jeff Bridges takes the stage to introduce the actresses nominated for Best Actress.
- Best Actress goes to Natalie Portman for Black Swan
- Oscar Winner, Sandra Bullock takes the stage to introduce the actors nominated for Best Actor. Ha Sandra is hilarious.
- Best Actor goes to Colin Firth for The King’s Speech
- Steven Spielberg introduces the 10 Best Picture nominees
- Best Picture goes to The King’s Speech
Jennifer Hudson introduces performances and presents Best Song to Randy Newman (Check out Gwyneth Paltrow and Florence Welch performing)
Jennifer Hudson with Tim Gunn on the Red Carpet
Jennifer Hudson – TV Guide
Jennifer Hudson – E!
Jennifer Hudson – Extra
Latest posts by mj santilli (see all)
- Idol Headlines for 2/1/15 - 02/01/2015
- J.K. Simmons Skits – Saturday Night Live – VIDEO - 02/01/2015
- D’Angelo Performs “Really Love” and “The Charade” –Saturday Night Live – VIDEO - 02/01/2015