- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- The Glee Project
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- Adam Lambert
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
More Audition News
Jackson, Abdul and Cowell were well aware that the Magic City has provided four top-level finalists – two winners and two runners-up – for “Idol” over the past five seasons.
Would the sixth one be the charm, as well, or had the show’s siphon already gone too deep?
But it was too early in the day, and too soon during the third round of auditions, for anyone to give a definitive answer.
All the judges could do was laugh, banter and offer quickie reactions to a handful of singers who’d stood in front of their table from about 1 to 2 p.m.
“We haven’t seen anyone good yet today,” Cowell said.
“Some good, but not great,” Abdul countered.
Jackson’s response was positive yet cryptic: “This is the’Ham. Not the turkey, the’Ham.”
Translation: Despite an impressive track record, it remains to be seen if Birmingham will provide fresh meat for “American Idol” in 2007.
And their answers were the typical canned responses the judges and executive producers give during press conferences at each audition city. No surprises.
However, this B’ham contestant spilled to her local paper, despite the gag order that’s part of contract the contestants sign. Or was this contestant offered up by the Powers That Be to the press as a gimme? Hmmm.
In other audition news, this Mom kept a journal of her and her daughter’s audition experience in Minneapolis, MN for Monroenews.com. Here are a few interesting tidbits:
We later find out that round one is a lottery. Each so called judge or producer is given a separate criteria and a number to meet. Out of 12 tables/booths, one is given a quota for white women, one is given a quota for a variety, one is given a quota for African American men only, one is given a quota for talented rockers and soul and four are told to take everyone in costume. Now the odds are really narrowed down as you have no idea which table is which and who are producers and who are simply volunteers.
American Idol is a show. They look every year at how they can up the ratings and unfortunately some great people get overlooked in the process. Anyone who auditions should not feel totally dejected if they don’t go to the next round. The truth is they have a better shot of winning the lottery than winning on “American Idol”.
So how do some of the really good ones get through? We were told that they do hold preliminary auditions with some production companies and 5-10% of the top 12 each year actually completely bypass the first steps everyone else takes to just try to get through the first round. What we see on TV is so far down the process, America never sees behind the scenes.
- Powered by Disqus
- DWTS Stars Perform on Live with Kelly and Michael (VIDEO)
- Lauren Alaina Performs at Sea World Orlando (VIDEO)
- Reality Chief, Mike Darnell Leaving FOX in June
- Blake Shelton Oklahoma Relief Benefit Concert to Air Live on NBC May 29
- 2012 Season Ratings: The Voice Beats American Idol in the Demo
- Mariah Carey GMA Wardrobe Malfunction (VIDEO)
- Jennifer Hudson Negotiating to Judge American Idol (UPDATED)
- Idol Headlines for 5/25/13
- Billboard – Chart Date 06/01/13
- Carrie Underwood Donates $1 Million In Tour Proceeds To Red Cross Disaster Relief Efforts
- Simon Cowell: “I’m Bored By Millionaires Bickering Amongst Themselves”
- American Idol 11 Alums, Elise Testone and Deandre Brackensick Get Ready to Release New Music
- Kelly Clarkson Won’t Be Judging American Idol 13
- Ratings: 2012 Season Saw Major Year to Year Declines
- Idol Headlines for 5/23/13
- Glee Star Lea Michele Signs a Book Deal
- DWTS Zendaya and Val Perform “Hip Hop Malfunction” on Live with Kelly and Michael (VIDEO)
- York Couple Arrested After Stabbing Incident Over American Idol Finale
- X Factor UK: Lucy Spraggan Debuts “Lighthouse”
- Idols In Concert – Stats – 05/23/13
- ‘Nashville’ Episode 21 – Season Finale – Recap & Discussion Post (VIDEO)
- Idol Headlines for 5/22/13 – The Evening Edition
- Maroon 5 “Love Somebody” Music Video Debut
- Dancing With The Stars To Undergo Shakeup, Including New Judges (Report)
- Critics’ Choice Television Awards Nominations Announced